Daily Care Guide to Keep Your Tape In Hair Extensions In Best Shape
Tape in hair extensions is a semi-permanent form of hair extensions that use small, adhesive tape strips to attach the extensions to your natural hair. Originating from the USA, they are a popular choice for those who want longer and thicker hair without the need for gluing, sewing, or using heat-based services. Tape in extensions are straightforward to apply and require no special tools. Simply section off the hair into small sections, then sandwich a strip of your natural hair between two strips of adhesive tape. The backing on the tape will hold onto your natural hair without causing any damage or discomfort.
Once applied, the adhesive bond is strong enough that you can feel confident your extensions will stay in place for up to 8 weeks. Additionally, tape in hair extensions is lightweight, so you can wear them without feeling weighed down. With proper care and maintenance, they can be reused multiple times.
Tape in hair extensions offers a safe, non-damaging way to add length and volume to your hair. They are also one of the least expensive hair extension methods available. If you’re looking for a quick, easy, and affordable way to get longer, thicker hair, tape in hair extensions may be just what you need.
What to Prepare When Putting on Tape In Hair Extensions
When putting on tape in hair extensions, it’s essential to prepare the necessary materials before you begin. First, choose the best quality extensions for your needs. Tape in hair extensions is made from either human hair or synthetic fiber and comes in a variety of colors and lengths. Make sure to select the right shade to match your natural hair color.
Next, you’ll need a pair of scissors and a tail comb to section off your hair and remove any tangles. You’ll also need adhesive tape strips. These are specially designed for use with tape in extensions and should come with the set of extensions you purchase. Finally, gather any other tools or products that may be needed, such as a hair dryer or heat protectant products.
Tape In Hair Extensions Daily Care Routine
Tape in hair extensions requires special care and attention to ensure their longevity and the integrity of your natural hair. To keep your extensions looking their best, follow these daily routine tips:
- Brush your tape in extensions daily using a soft-bristled brush or wide-tooth comb designed for use with extensions. Start brushing from the ends of your hair and work your way up to the roots.
- Make sure to avoid using styling products directly on the tape adhesive strips, as this can cause them to become loose.
- When washing, use a gentle shampoo designed explicitly for extensions and apply downward strokes, avoiding rubbing or scrubbing motions.
- Always use a conditioner after shampooing and let it soak in for two minutes before rinsing.
- Avoid heat styling your extensions as much as possible, but if you must, be sure to use the lowest setting on your hair dryer or curling iron.
- When not in use, store your extensions in a cool area away from heat or sunlight.
- Before going to bed, braid your hair into a loose plait to keep the strands from tangling overnight.
By following these daily care tips, you can ensure that your tape in hair extensions look great for weeks on end. With proper care and maintenance, you’ll be able to enjoy your new look for much longer.
Tips for Preventing Damage to the Tape In Hair Extensions
To prevent damage to tape in hair extensions, it is important to avoid harsh styling products that contain sulfates and alcohol. Additionally, use a mild shampoo specifically designed for hair extensions, as regular shampoos can strip the extensions of their natural oils. When brushing your tape in extensions, always start at the bottom and work your way up using gentle strokes.
Avoid any pulling or tugging motions, as these can damage the adhesive strips and your natural hair. Lastly, never use excessive heat when styling your extensions, as high temperatures can cause irreversible damage.
By following these tips for preventing damage to your tape in hair extensions, you’ll be able to keep them looking great for longer. With proper care and maintenance, you can enjoy your beautiful hair extensions for months on end.
Removing Tape In Hair Extensions
Removing tape in hair extensions is a relatively simple process, but it should be done carefully to avoid damage to your natural hair. Here are a few steps and tips for removing tape from hair extensions:
- With the help of a tail comb, section off the part of your hair with the extensions. This will make it easier to isolate the adhesive strips.
- Start at one end and peel away the extension from your natural hair, gently pulling off each tape strip as you go.
- Gently brush out any knots or tangles before brushing away the remaining adhesive residue with a soft-bristled brush.
- Once all the extensions have been removed, lightly shampoo and condition your natural hair to remove any traces of residue or product buildup.
- After washing, comb out the strands and let them air dry before styling as usual.
By following these steps for removing tape in hair extensions properly, you can avoid damaging your natural hair and ensure that your extensions have been removed completely. When you’re ready for a new look, make sure to follow the same routine for proper removal. With these tips, you can enjoy beautiful hair extensions without any hassle.
Tape In Hair Extension Cost
The cost of tape in hair extensions can vary greatly depending on the type, quality, and length of extension you choose. Generally speaking, synthetic tape in extensions tends to be more affordable than human hair extensions, but they may not last as long or look as natural. Human hair extensions are typically more expensive, but they can last for up to a year with proper care and maintenance.
The cost of tape in hair extensions also depends on the length and volume you choose. Generally speaking, longer extensions will be more expensive than shorter ones, and adding extra volume may increase the overall cost.