5 Offbeat Experiences to Revel in When in South Europe
South Europe has a mystical charm of its own. No wonder, it’s emerged as a popular tourist haven over the years. Who can deny the romanticism of Italy, the beauty of Croatia, the Bohemianism of Spain or the attraction of Portugal? To know more about the enchanting South Europe, visit https://www.firebirdtours.com/destination/italy and ensure you get the perfect itinerary for your holiday. There are popular tourist destinations in this region yet to be explored by many and also quite a few offbeat and beautiful places to revel in.
Let’s have a look at some of the offbeat destinations in South Europe where you can unwind:
- Cortona – A small town in Italy, Cortona is situated midway between Florence and Rome and overlooks the Tuscan Valley. The people here are friendly and the food is simply out of this world! The city centre organizes a flea market every weekend that has become the envy of many metro cities in Europe.
- Sintra – Located in Portugal, Sintra is a picture perfect town set in the backdrop of thick pine woods with beautiful palaces, striking greenery and fairy tale castles. The town is labeled as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO and houses some exquisite buildings like the Palace of Queluz, Castle of the Moors, Pena Palace, etc.
- Meteora – It is a region in Greece which is nestled on top of million of years old gigantic rocks. Nature’s grandeur is in perfect sync with the rich history of the place here. The rocky cliffs were once considered a place to gain spiritual enlightenment. Later, during the Byzantine era many monasteries were built on top of these sandstone rocks.
- Barcelona – Barcelona is a dream destination for many tourists. It is the second most populated city in Spain. Like Madrid, this city has also developed into an important business centre, down the years and has an unparalleled cultural heritage. Some amazing spots like the monument of La Sagrada Familia or the architectural masterpiece Casa Vicens are a photographer’s delight.
- Madrid – Nothing compares with undertaking a rail journey on a picturesque route. That’s why we suggest you buy Barcelona to Madrid train tickets to save time but make the most of your trip. The capital city of Spain, Madrid is known for its cosmopolitan and friendly nature. It is the centre of trade and commerce, has a rich history and carries with it an artistic legacy that has contributed to Spain’s economic growth. The Spanish masters’ works in the Prado Museum or the beautifully designed parks like the Bueno Retiro are among the prime reasons that make it a tourist hub. Modern infrastructure seamlessly blending with its rich culture and tradition makes this city unique and worth a visit.
Southern Europe has some of the best offbeat travel destinations where you can unwind. So get set to explore these hidden treasures on your next holiday.