Reasons for Writing a Cause and Effect Essay
Whenever a cause and effect essay is written, the thought process is indicative of why an event takes place and what happens when it occurs. We can think of events that take place in our daily lives. Students are taught to write such essays in school and college. They could write down the reasons for a problem to occur and its resultant effects. To make the essay more effective, adaptation to some simple tried-and-tested methods would help getting the message across to readers.
- Use the essay statement to convey the message effectively. It should present in a single sentence the main reason for an event to occur and the effect it caused. The rest of the introduction could be used to elaborate on the reason by providing circumstances under which it occurred, a brief description of the place, and a broad background that would make readers understand the direction the essay would take.
- Depending on the length of the cause and effect essay, present related reasons for the event to occur. There are two methods to prepare the essay layout. Either mention reasons for the event to occur and its consequences or make a list of all the causes first in the order of importance and then list the effects. It would depend on a student’s style of writing.
- Each point that elaborates on causes and effects should be backed by suitable examples. They add purpose to the reasons mentioned. Readers can easily identify with the examples offered, if it connects with the essay statement.
- The purpose of writing an essay always remains the same. Make a declaration of what is to be said in the introduction, elaborate on it in the body of the essay, and reiterate what was said earlier in the conclusion. The method always works. The essay should be structured in such a way that content is meant to introduce the causes and effects to readers and then convince them that they are logical enough to accept the writer’s point of view.
- Various levels of difficulty occur at first when students have to draft the essay paper. It could occur in finding enough reasons or maintaining a uniform style of writing that builds up towards a logical conclusion. Practice would make students more confident. Start off with a simple essay that relates to an incident that occurred in school. Pay attention to the structure. It should end in a logical ending. For example, students could write about what caused the school to implement disciplinary measure and how it affected students. The idea of writing on such a topic would be to learn how to develop the right essay structure based on events that directly affected students.
- Complex topic issues would be based on recent events that occurred. Students would have ample scope to research and write about it. Several websites can be scanned for the right content. For example, if a 500-word essay has to be written, students should aim to gather research content for at least four to five such essays. The reason for doing it is simple. They have the choice of listing the most important points in a cause and effect essay.
How I Do My Cause and Effect Essay
When I have to do my essays, I am always prepared to complete it within an hour or two. This may seem difficult, but by following some simple time-tested methods I am able to complete it within the stipulated time limit. The purpose of writing an essay is to inform an audience about an interesting topic. Depending on whether I get to choose my topic or not, I would proceed with a written essay only when I have all the parameters or tools to write a concise and informative essay. It has to be complete in every sense. The idea is to present an essay that covers all details related to the topic under discussion.
The essay statement is the most important parameter is my essay. It has to be precise, complete, and interesting enough for readers to read through the entire essay. To arrive at the statement, I think of ideas related to the topic. I would collect at least two to three ideas. Primary research would indicate if I have collected the right information about each idea, enough to compile the essay statement. As I start gathering content from different online sources, I would get a good idea whether I am on the right track or not. Once I have collected enough information about the topic, I would proceed with secondary research.
The process involves entering relevant information into a ready outline based on the required style of writing. For example, to do my essay using the MLA style of writing, I would use double-spaced paragraphs within a 8.5 X 11.0 inch paper. At the time of entering information, I would just jot down words or phrases that can be elaborated upon later. The ideas would connect to the essay statement and can be arranged logically one after another.
When I have to write my essay, I always make sure I have a list of resources found through secondary research. I make notes of important information that I could access at an online website. I would ensure it is reliable by preferring .gov sites, encyclopedias, or online college libraries. Information from these sites would be elaborate and backed by solid evidence that can be verified.
My outline would be complete when I have all the information I need at the appropriate hierarchical levels. I would then begin the process of writing the essay by compiling the introduction first. It would be followed by the body of the essay and a summarized conclusion. I would ensure I have enough paragraphs to stay with the word count requirement.
It is possible I may be unfamiliar with an essay topic. It would reflect badly on my score, if I cannot produce an essay that is of a high standard. In such cases, I would not hesitate to use an essay helper. I have found service that writing essays for money, a reliable company that makes it a point to produce high-quality content. I have found their services affordable. Competent writers are able to understand my requirements and do my essays within a reasonable time frame.