100 Best Romantic Date Ideas
100 Best Romantic Date Ideas
1. Go to a pumpkin patch. It’s autumn, it’s romantic, and then, at the end, you get to use knives in a fun way!
2. Go on a museum date. Art! And staring at things instead of talking.
3. Have dinner and see a movie. Eating food and watching someone tell you stories is a classic for a reason.
4. Take a long walk together. You don’t need a destination because you have each other. Aww.
5. Go on a picnic. Few things are more romantic than packing up an old-fashioned picnic. If you’ve never done this, now’s the time.
6. Go strawberry picking. There’s something eternally cute about even the mere act of asking someone to go strawberry picking with you that you don’t even really have to go strawberry picking. It still counts.
7. Go horseback riding. You both might get thrown from the horse and then you’ll get to spend your lives together in a hospital bed. So cute.
8. Go to a pottery class. One word, one movie: Ghost.
9. Go apple picking. Preferably you’re both wearing flannel and frolicking in leaves, and then later, cider happens!
10. Take a painting class. One word, one movie: Titanic.
11. Go blackberry picking. This probably happens because you’re both lost in the woods but that doesn’t take away from the romance.
12. Take a cooking class. One word, one movie. Ratatouille. (Surprisingly sweet love story there too!)
13. Go to the opera. Anything you get to dress super fancy for is instant romance. Plus, singing!
14. Go to the ballet. Have you seen Black Swan? That could get romantic or deadly. Totally worth price of admission.
15. Go blueberry picking. You will get super dirty after this and then you can take a naked shower together.
16. Go waterskiing. It’s like regular skiing except with more water.
17. Grab drinks at a bar. Go to your favorite bar or a totally new bar or a bar you’d never go in. Mix it up!
18. Have a coffee date. It’s super casual and no one will puke on your shoes after.
19. Go to a party together. Maybe they’re your friends, maybe they’re mutual friends. Either way, you get out of the house and into someone else’s free booze.
20. Fly a kite. This is surprisingly wonderful because no one ever does this and you feel a little bit like a kid again. Perfect.
21. Go to the beach. Gorgeous water, lots of sun, and both of you are kind of naked!
22. Go skiing. Because it’ll make you super cold, which gives you an excuse to warm each other up later.
23. Play kickball. Get a bunch of your friends, grab a ball, and hit the park for a simple, but super fun game you can tease each other about later.
24. Go to a bed and breakfast. It’s like a date inside someone else’s house!
25. Go to trivia night at a bar. What’s more fun than proving you know more than the person you’re on a date with? Nothing.
26. Go to a sports game. Watch other people win and lose and sit there and judge them.
27. Go to the park. Sit on a bench, lie in the grass. You’re already imagining yourself there right now and it feels cool, doesn’t it?
28. Go see a play. Even if it’s not good, it’s local theater. Sit in the back and make out.
29. Go to a water park. You’re kind of naked and there are slides!
30. Make out in the backseat of your car. It’s like you’re 16 again with no curfew and you actually know what you’re doing.
31. Go to a hookah bar. Because everything is fun when you’re high on whatever comes out of a hookah.
32. Go to a farmers’ market. As long as you’re not there just picking up groceries, it’s a pretty cute date.
33. Get brunch. There’s booze, there’s food, and you just woke up next to each other. What’s not great about that?
34. Go to the club. Dressing up like assholes, dancing like assholes, it’s a great time.
35. Go to a haunted house. If it’s scary, it’ll bring you closer. If it’s cheesy, you can make fun of it, which will bring you closer. Win-win.
36. Go to a workout class. The couple that fails at hip-hop dance together stays together.
37. Go birdwatching. If it gets boring you can just go have sex.
38. Go on a brewery tour. Usually there are beer samples so you can get drunk in a place that’s like a giant beer glass.
39. Go to a bookstore. You haven’t read that???
40. Go to a record store. You haven’t heard that???
41. Go to a cheese tasting. “Hmm, this one tastes slightly less gross than that one. How divine!”
42. Make dinner together. This is great because even if it sucks, you made that mess together.
43. Bake together. Baking is harder than it looks, but flour fights could happen so it’s worth trying.
44. Go whale watching. Can’t see any whales? Oh well. You have each other.
45. Play Twister. You know how this ends.
46. Go to karaoke. Making fun of yourself is always a turn-on. And you will definitely do that.
47. Go antiquing. Who doesn’t love sitting on old chairs and hoping they don’t break?
48. Go to a zoo. Look at all those cute animals! Sure, they’re also captive and sad but so cute!
49. Go to the botanical gardens. Gorgeous flowers everywhere make everything smell and look amazing. Nothing is better.
50. Play board games. Play Clue and stop midway through to figure out who took off your pants in the study.
51. Go bowling. If you hate bowling, there are always the pitchers of beer.
52. Play laser tag. Is this for kids? No. Well, yeah, but that doesn’t make it any less fun.
53. See a drive-in movie. It’s like a regular movie except inside a car.
54. Ride go-karts. Loser has to give the winner a (sensual) massage.
55. Take a hot air balloon ride. It’s like a cramped, romantic picnic… in the air.
56. Go ice skating. Classic.
57. Go to the roller rink. Like a warm ice skating rink with lots more middle schoolers.
58. Take a flamenco dancing class. It’s more erotic than square dancing.
59. Sign up for Tough Mudder. Some people think this is fun.
60. Go paintballing. Take out some of that pent-up aggression.
61. Take a horse and buggy ride. This is something classy people do.
62. Go to a concert. Go see some local band in your town or a giant arena show.
63. Go on a double date. Take any of these dates and do that with two more people. This list just became 200 date ideas.
64. Take a falconry class. This is the kind of date the Kennedy family would go on.
65. Go skeet shooting. Like hunting, but less violent.
66. Go to a vineyard and try wine tasting. It’s like you’re the guys in Sideways.
67. Book a dinner cruise. Boats are romantic. Dinners are romantic. This is double romantic.
68. Go skydiving. If you’ve got a death wish.
69. Try hangliding. If you’ve got a death wish but only kind of.
70. Rock climbing. As long as you have the upper-arm and leg strength.
71. See a comedy show. There’s a 25 percent chance you’ll actually see someone funny and a 100 percent chance you’ll get drunk meeting your drink minimum.
72. Go kayaking. It’s a great way to see the outdoors and smash into rocks at the same time, like a violent hike.
73. Head to an amusement park. Movies make these seem so romantic, but in reality, you’re going to lose $50 trying to win a giant stuffed penguin smoking a joint.
74. Go sightseeing. Take a day trip and check out all the exciting landmarks in a city near you (if you live in that city, sightseeing is basically illegal).
75. Rent a hotel room … and have crazy animal sex all night.
76. Check out a local film festival. This could be laughably terrible, or you could find some really cool off-the-radar films. Either way, you win.
77. Head to a convention. See if something interesting is around and grab tickets for a day. There’s always something — tattoos, comics, music, etc. — around.
78. Crash a wedding. Maybe just the reception. Otherwise they have to pay for your meal, and that’s mean.
79. Take a paddleboat ride. Take a tour around a local lake with a paddleboat.
80. Go scuba diving. Alternatively, snorkeling.
81. Swim with dolphins. This will change your life.
82. Wait in line for the new iPhone. It’s going to be hours and you need the company.
83. Visit your hometown. Show your partner where you grew up.
84. Have an arcade date. Compete for the highest score.
85. Volunteer at an animal shelter. You’re helping animals and spending quality time.
86. Pan for gold. The only date where you can actually make money.
87. Build a snowman. Feel free to sing that song from that movie.
88. Go sledding.
89. Go bobsledding. Like sledding but way more intense.
90. Take a pole dancing class together. This is sexy and funny (and a legit workout).
91. Go to Ikea and build a cabinet together. You might not call this a date, but getting through this together will make or break your relationship.
92. Stay in and cuddle. Simple, yet effective.
93. Go to the circus. When was the last time you were at the circus?
94. Watch a sunset. Or, if you like waking up early, a sunrise.
95. Paint each other. Like, paint a picture of each other. Or, just paint on each other, I guess.
96. Go spelunking. Get your mind out of the gutter. It’s cave exploring.
97. See fireworks. Or make your own show (if you live in a state where it’s legal).
98. Go for a boat ride. It’s like going on a long drive, except on the water.
99. Go to a nude beach. Why be naked together in the comfort of your own home when you can be naked in front of a bunch of strangers?
100. Stare at each other. You’ve just been on 99 other dates. What else is left?