We all know just how expensive it is to run a car these days and let’s face it, if you are single, driving a car is something you can live without, especially with stylish bikes that are economical. If you take a look at national sales for motorcycles in the UK, you will see that young people lead the way, and with that in mind, here are a few of the benefits you can enjoy when you switch to two wheels.
- Cheap Transport – Check out the new Honda CB125R at Wheels, which has everything you could want in a bike, plus a little more. The dealer offers competitive finance so you can spread the payment over a couple of years and that’s a small price to pay for the freedom and independence a bike brings.
- Thrill & Adventure – Those long, hot summer bank holidays are great for heading off with your tent and a few friends to make a convoy of bikes, all headed for somewhere nice. Of course, the Internet is there if you want to plan your trip, although half the fun comes when you have no plan and just see where fate takes you. Here are a few great holiday ideas for 2021.
- Independence – We all know how hard it is to arrange a trip using public transport and owning a bike really does bring freedom and independence for a small cost. Of course, you have to invest in the right gear; a good full-face helmet for starters, a leather motorcycle jacket and heavy denim jeans, plus you will need gloves and a pair of boots that have ankle support to complete the kit-out. Winter riding is a different experience, but if you wrap up well and ride with extra care, you can still use your bike during most of the year.
- Provisional Driving Licence – This allows you to ride a bike up to 125cc and the latest generation of small bikes are ideal for getting around; the A1 licence can be upgraded to A2 and then finally to the A licence, which allows you to ride superbikes. Click here for further reading on obtaining a bike licence in the UK.
- Great for Couples – Many couples rely on their bike and whenever the single guy wants to include a friend on pone of their adventures, a pillion is always possible. Indeed, groups get together and make a convoy, especially during the summer bank holiday weekends and you can forget about the traffic jams when on two wheels.
If you would like to be the proud owner of a new 125cc bike, search online for a reputable dealer and book a test drive and before long, you can enjoy the freedom and independence that comes with bike riding. Once you sell your car, you can put down a deposit on a new bike and with much reduced travelling costs, you can save for a rainy day.