Australia’s diverse economy and a variety of work opportunities are enticing overseas employees around the world. If you are opting to work in Australia, you will need to know the requirements as well as passing the intricacies of the visa application process. For you to meet the eligibility requirements, you must read this article to get you started.
The first thing you must know about are the two types of work visa and its subclasses. You must determine what type of visa applies to you.
1. Skilled Migration Visas are fit for skilled foreign workers that are listed under the Skilled Occupation List. Under the Skilled Migration, Visa category is its subclasses, some of them are the following:
- Skilled-independent visa/subclass 189 – the assessment for this visa type is according to your skills, work experience, and the profile score. It is the most common visa choice for migrants as it offers permanent residency to you and your family.
- Skilled Nominated Visa/subclass 190 – state nominated workers can work and live in Australia permanently. The process requires the recommendation of the state or government agency. You are required to submit an EOI on Skill Select of the online immigration system, where you can get a nomination from the state or government agency. If you are fortunate, you will get an invitation to apply for a subclass 190. The request is valid for up to 60 days.
2. Sponsored Work Visas are for individuals that are sponsored or, nominated by an Australian employer, the State or Government agency. Here is the subclass for this visa category:
- Employers Nomination Scheme/subclass 186 – this visa requires the nomination of Australian employers who aims to recruit skilled workers.
- Regional Skilled Migration Scheme/subclass 187 – this scheme is for employers in regional areas, where the population is low. Employers in these areas can recruit skilled foreign workers to fill in the void in their business.
The Skilled Occupation List categories as each category have its own set of rules. If the job you want is on the Short-term Skilled Occupation List or STSOL, the worker visa validity is two years. While jobs under the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List or MLTSSL, allows the visa holder to work up to 4 years. Below are some of the careers that you can check your eligibility in getting an Australian work visa.
- Accountant Visa Type: STSOL
- Aeroplane Pilot Visa Type: MLTSSL
- Analyst Programmer Visa Type: MLTSSL
- Architect Visa Type: MLTSSL
- Baker Visa Type: STSOL
- Biochemist Visa Type: MLTSSL
- Carpenter Visa Type: MLTSSL
- Company Secretary Visa Type: STSOL
- Dentist Visa Type: STSOL
- Graphic Designer Visa Type: STSOL
- ICT Managers Visa Type: STSOL
How can migration services help you in getting the right visa?
You will need to get help from the expert migration services for you to ace the visa application. Freeman Migration Services Australia is a great option to get you started on embarking a career Down Under. An expert migration services business will assist you in processing your documents, provide interview insights, and help you accumulate higher points.