How to Relocate Like a Boss? (Ps: It’s Not That Hard)
When it comes to relocation, the very thought of it is bound to leave you stressed out. That’s why you may want to review the checklist posted below and find out just how to relocate easily, without getting worked out over every single detail.
- Storage: The first thing that you need to do is to research storage centres in and around your location that you can utilize as a stop-gap measure. The basic premise is rather than relocate all your stuff in one go, you can temporarily store them at a local storage unit and shift them to the new location a little later. Just search online for storage Ipswich and that should provide you with viable storage centres as well as removal companies in your area.
- Sort and choose: You cannot hire every professional packer and mover that you come across. You need to sort through the various packers and movers and choose the one that seems to have the experience and expertise. Make sure that they are licensed and insured so that you can be sure that your goods would be safe and secure at all times.
- Cost: The relocation cost would vary from one company to another, which is why you may want to ask these packers and movers for an estimate. An estimate should provide you with a basic idea of what the relocation would cost and you can plan accordingly. Moreover, you can also claim the relocation costs as part of expenses when you file your taxes as well. Just keep in mind that you do not inflate the expense of relocation when filing your taxes.
- Check out your new home: You need to check out your new home, and make sure that it fits in with your requirements. You also need to make sure that you check out the respective schools and colleges for your kids to enrol in, post the move.
- Schedule: You need to schedule a common day for packing and set on aside, for transportation. You can discuss billiard table removals, refrigerator removals, as well as other important appliances and time it so that the packers and movers get to it in the end. You can utilize these appliances until then, but make sure that you clean them thoroughly before the removal company gets to it.
- Fragile: You also need to point out the fragile items to the packers so that they can bubble wrap it and pack it accordingly. You may also want to prep a list of what a cardboard box contains so that you would not get unnecessarily confused with the unpacking. Just make sure that you do not get confused or stressed out unduly, so you may want to take a deep breath and relax as the professionals are handling your relocation.
- Update the address: This goes without saying but you need to update your ID and other important documents with your new address. You will be using these documents for just about anything from purchasing a car to booking your flight tickets, so these documents must list out your actual address. It would be a good idea to update these documents days before the move rather than do it at the last minute.
- Tip: While you would have signed a fixed-rate contract with the moving company for relocating you and your family, you may still want to show your appreciation for a job well done. You may want to tip them for the services rendered and while there is no fast rule over how much you should tip, you can go for any amount that you think is reasonable.
This checklist should help you organize things at your end and at the same time, enable you to relax and relocate without getting stressed out. Just make sure that you select the right packers and movers, and your relocation should go without a hitch. And the great part about relocation is that this is also the opportunity for you to purchase new items and even try out new stuff; so that’s something else for you to look forward to.