Dimpleplasty: The Way to Create a Dimple on Cheeks
Smile is one of the gifts of almighty that keep us happy, enthusiastic and refreshes the mind. If someone smiles, in my opinion, it is the best scene in the world you can watch live! Smiles transfers happiness, washes away bad memories and often relieve us from a big sigh!
There are types of smiles. The smile that captured the mind of people, is a smile that creates a dimple. But the true fact is that everyone’s smile is unique and only a few lucky people can have dimple naturally or by birth. So, there is a fascination for having dimple especially in case of women and by using the medical science it is now possible to have a cute looking dimple with a simple cosmetic surgery named as ‘Dimpleplasty’.
Dimpleplasty: In brief
Dimpleplasty is a kind of cosmetic surgery and can be done by a maxillofacial surgeon. It is a simple surgery and but require doctor skills to complete it successfully and without having scars. Usually, the surgery can be completed at a doctors office, no need to go to the hospital. Usually, the patient returns back to the office or normal work within two or three days.
The procedure of Dimpleplasty, in brief, is described below:
- The doctor will apply topical anesthesia, in some portion of the cheek, so that the patient does not feel pain.
- Later the doctor will use a small biopsy instrument to create a small hole onto the skin, will remove some fats and muscle from the desired location of the dimple. The cut hole can be 2 to 3 millimeters in length.
- A sling will be placed and tied from one side of the cheek to the other side. This sling will set the dimple permanently on your desired position.
Where to find a doctor?
There should have a maxillofacial surgeon near your location. If you can’t decide on the experience you need or the quality of the doctor you can visit cosmetictown.com to find an experienced doctor. Experience is one of the vital
Most of the patients of Dimpleplasty have an expense of about $1500 to $2000. In some cases, the cost may increase if revision is needed.
To be kept in mind
Before proceeding for Dimpleplasty please keep the following issues in mind:
- Dimpleplasty is generally non-reversible. So, once you are done with the surgical procedures, it cannot be returned to its previous position.
- Having a scar is not common. A scar is the uncommon and undesired negative effect of Dimpleplasty.
- The surgical procedure is simple and straightforward. After leaving the doctors office, you may have mild swelling in cheeks. Swelling should be gone within 1 or 2 weeks. You can use cold packs to reduce swelling.
- Beware of the infection. If there is too much bleeding, do not take the risk as there may have some infection. Sometimes infections could be dangerous and do not hesitate to visit your doctor if you find the possibility of infections.