Standing desks are also popular as adjustable standing desks, and they have some crystal clear benefits. Most often, shifting positions is the key to avert leg, neck, and back pain, and so, when you have got standing desks, you can lessen the time you spend sitting. Standing desks can turn out to be hugely important for the improvement of a person’s health because sitting for huge amounts of time can have several negative health effects.
With the progression of time, people have been realizing the importance of an adjustable standing desk as they have understood the fact that sitting the entire day behind the desk is not good for their health. Again, experts have been advising people for a long time to stand for nearly fifteen minutes per hour at their workstations. According to a professor of Waterloo University, research has proved that people who stand for nearly thirty minutes every hour can have good health.
How does a standing desk burn calories?
When people stand at their desks, they end up burning more calories compared to when they sit. However, it is a slight process as the biggest benefit of a standing desk is it permits people to avert sitting for a long time. This is extremely good for people’s back and neck. And so, when you have been looking forward to shedding some calories, you will certainly get benefitted from using a standing desk.
The kinds of standing desks
Every standing desk follows the same fundamental idea, and they permit people to work while standing. A fixed-height desk stays at a person’s standing height, and a sit-stand desk goes down and up, making the process easier for people to stand or sit according to their wish. A power sit-stand desk goes up when you push a button, and a person can lift the manual standing desks with a handle. They can also raise them with the help of a crank or a liver. People can buy standing desks from a big-box, electronics, office supply store, or various online stores.
The benefits of a standing desk
A standing desk, besides providing lesser sitting time, possesses many benefits, and they are mentioned below:
- Burn more calories – According to a study, standing sheds nearly eighty-eight calories per hour in comparison to eighty calories for sitting. Again, walking burns lots of calories, like 210 calories every hour.
- Lesser back pain – When you sit for a longer time, then it tightens your muscles. It can hurt your lower back, particularly when you have a bad posture. In this context, standing desks help in easing back pain. However, doctors aren’t aware of the amount of time people require standing for extracting the benefits.
- Higher productivity – Based on a study done on call center employees, people who use standing desks tend to be 45 percent more productive regularly in comparison to employees who sit during their shifts.
5 reasons for using corner office desks
Workspace configurations tend to be unique, similar to the workers who utilize them. Numerous employees do customize the function and look of their workspace with some extra monitors, particular chairs, and ergonomic keyboards, whereas some employees inherit a set-up that has been established by their previous colleagues. Some reasons for utilizing corner office desks are:
- Proposes smooth adjustment – Corner office desks are pretty easy for adjusting between standing and sitting. And so, they shield the users’ back. Additionally, these office desks also support the ideal viewing distance to the computer’s screen.
- Saves general space – The standing workstations that are particularly designed for the configurations of a corner desk do fit into office or cube corners neatly.
- Lessens workspace – When you possess an L- or a U-shaped desk, then you will uncover additional workspace on both sides of your workstations with some kind of corner setup.
- It proposes a huge work surface – When you buy a corner office desk, it will propose sufficient space for supporting both dual and single monitors and that too without hitting cabinets and walls when you adjust it.
- Utilizes even the used spaces – The deep desk corners commonly possess house cords and corner workstations, and they fill earlier unoccupied deep spaces efficiently well.