Curtains and blinds don’t feel necessary until you start using them. Also, curtains and blinds are as much important to the aesthetics of a room as the furniture. Once you have a suitable window treatment feature in place, you will come to know about the benefits you have been missing out on for a long time.
Whether you want to refresh your window treatment features or looking for a new presentation, it’s common to feel perplexed amidst the sea of options. That is why we have researched and handpicked four window treatment features so you don’t have to look up anywhere else.
Roman blinds are one of the simplest yet luxurious forms of window coverings made from flat fabric which can be raised or lowered with the tug of a cord. Roman Blinds demonstrate a long-standing popularity that dates back to centuries ago. You can have this classic piece of window treatment in a variety of colours to suit the rest of the décor. Before you buy one for your home, you might want to look at some of the advantages of Roman Blinds.
- Affordable and easy to install – no professional help needed.
- Made of a continuous piece of fabric to block out light completely
- It remains a timeless feature in your home no matter how many trends come and go
- Can be raised or lowered with the pull of a cord
- Can be adjusted to hover, break or puddle
Venetian Blinds are made up of horizontal slats – with wood, aluminium or plastic as a choice of material – which can be pivoted using a cord to control the amount of air and light that passes through it. Venetian blinds lend classic appeal to your room and enable you to completely or partially cut off the light according to your preference. You can have the blinds down and leave the slats open to enjoy the breeze and the view while sipping coffee.
Advantages of Venetian Blinds
- Available in standard sizes or can be tailored to fit any window size
- Low-maintenance and durable
- Timeless design that never goes out of trend
Pencil pleats are fabric-based window treatments, essentially curtains, which are pinched at the top and flared towards the bottom. Pencil pleats are hung on hooks & rings across a horizontal rod to enable you to draw curtains to either side with a gentle push. This iconic soft furnishing is ideal for rooms of all sizes and if hung close to the ceiling, these draperies create a beautiful effect making your windows appear bigger than they are.
Advantages of Pencil Pleats
- Easy to take off the hook and wash
- Available in your choice of fabric and colour
- Custom made to fit your window size
Roller blinds are the modern equivalent of classic Roman Blinds. Roller blinds arrive in a variety of materials accented with prints, textures and shades of trendy colours, adding interest and character to your windows. Roller blinds offer a contemporary feel with traditional functionality and an extensive variety to spoil you for choice. You can also have Electric Roller Blinds, which are a new-fangled window treatment feature that operates with the flick of a switch.
- Effortless rolling mechanism
- Works well in commercial and residential settings against all kinds of windows
The above-mentioned window treatment options are popular choices across the UK and overseas. Based on the climatic conditions in your region and style preference, you can choose from these options and never go wrong with the purchase.