A Guide to Sports Betting in India
If you live in India, enjoy sports, and are interested in placing a bet, then you’ve come to the right place. You may be under the impression that placing a bet in India will be complicated, but don’t worry, like everything in life, betting is easy when you know how.
You may have a number of questions about betting in India. For example, how legal is it? How do you take the first step towards placing a bet? Can you make money from it? And so on. Keep reading below to find out just how easy sports betting in India can be:
Sports Fans in India Would Benefit from Betting Online
We accept that it can be difficult to talk about betting and India in the same breath. This is understandable, given the game-fixing controversies that have been reported in Indian sports recently. You may have heard the rumours about some sports players forming partnerships with crooked bookmakers and this could put you off placing a bet. But, think of it in a different way: betting online could be a great solution that enables you to place a bet on your favourite sport without inviting controversy.
A Guide For Beginners
The first thing you need to do is find a betting site online. This isn’t hard to do as there are a number of sites available online. The problem for gamblers often comes when the laws are neither straightforward nor clear.
On the internet, there are a number of brilliant sites to choose from where you can place a bet on your favourite sporting events or play casino games.
If you’re a newbie then it’s a good idea to look for sites that offer you free bets. This will help to safeguard you from losing a lot of money while you’re learning how to play. Many online sites welcome new customers by offering free bets and they also reward returning
customers with good deals too. While your main aim is to earn big money, you must also perform some research so that you don’t lose too much.
How to Get Started
Before we talk about some of our top tips when it comes to sports betting, we will give you some advice on how to get started:
- Set up an account – when you first log in to a site, you will need to provide them with your personal details. You need to make sure the information you provide is accurate. All of the information you provide will be stored securely as the government in India requires sites to encrypt all data to help eliminate fraud.
- Deposit money – use a safe method – like SKRILL or NETELLER – to deposit a small amount of money.
Select the chosen payment option on the site – follow the online instructions about how to deposit your money. When the transaction is complete you will be notified.
- Place a bet – once you’ve deposited money you will be able to place a bet on your chosen sport, for example, cricket betting portals are the perfect way for you to place a bet on your favourite cricket team. You will be able to transfer or withdraw any winnings to your SKRILL or NETELLER account.
- Complete KYC – All online accounts in India need to be verified. To do this you need to provide a document that proves your identity. In addition to this, you will also have to send a copy of your utility bill to the site within 90 days of opening the account.
You Can Earn Money from Sports Betting Online
You may dream of earning lots of money by placing a sports bet online. While many people have earned thousands gambling their money, this isn’t guaranteed. In order to make money from online sports betting, you need to be skilful. Here are some of our top tips for turning sports betting odds into regular money:
- Know your sport well – The more you know about the sport you’re placing a bet on the better. However, even if you know everything there is to know about a sport, you’re not guaranteed to win. Having no knowledge at all will, however, guarantee losses. People who know more about the sport are likely to make better predictions.
- Look for the good odds – many sites try and lure new gamblers by offering good odds. Exploit these welcome bonuses whenever you can.
- Limit your selections – this will help to improve your chances of winning.
- Cut down temptation – don’t be attracted to the promise of high returns. This can lead to you losing a lot of money in the hope that you’ll make money fast.
- Listen to your head over your heart – betting on a team just because they’re your favourite isn’t the best idea. Having blind faith in your favourite team could result in you losing a substantial amount of money.
Online sports betting in India is becoming increasingly popular. The laws in India surrounding sports betting are likely to change in the near future with sports betting online becoming government regulated. Currently, there are no prohibitions on online betting: sports betting apps and sports betting sites will likely become the main passion of sports fans in India over the next few years.