8 Instagram-Worthy Cafes to Try in Chandigarh
Coffee and travel – if these are the two great loves of your life, you indeed have your priorities right. Add City Beautiful, Chandigarh, to your travel goals the next time you are bitten by the travel bug. This is one of the cleanest and most beautiful cities of India. Make no mistake, while the city boulevards and avenues are lined with delightfully bright flowering trees, the large green parks are a sight to sooth the soul, Chandigarh still retains the epicurean love of all the good things in life.
Like food. The city’s cafes are not only the most picturesque, they also rustle up some real gastronomic delights. Instaworthy, right?
- Le Petit Café – Chandigarh is the city of dainty, picturesque cafes and Le Petit Café at the Lalit Chandigarh is its crown jewel. This swanky cafe is located at the lobby level and overlooks the gorgeous manicured gardens of The Lalit Chandigarh. Le Petit Cafe offers a delectable range of pastries, desserts, and baked goods. The hotel also hosts one of the best multi cuisine restaurants in Chandigarh.
- The Willow Cafe – If it’s tea, it has to be at this pretty English cafe with its pastel upholstery and soft flowers, the terrace garden and wooden tables. The Willow Cafe looks like the perfect English tea house. Continental fare is certainly on the menu but this is also one of the best Indian restaurants in Chandigarh.
- Chandigarh Baking Company – The Chandigarh Baking Company at the JW Marriot is one of the prettiest cafes and bakeries in town. The light wood furniture, the spacious seating arrangements and the floor length windows overlooking the garden are just picture perfect.
- Cafe JC’s – Let’s admit this, Cafe JC’s looks straight out of a picture book. The wooden furniture, outdoor seating, the fairy lights on trees – it’s just what you need to chronicle your Chandigarh diaries on Instagram. The food is pretty good too.
- Dialogue Café – Remember the underground taverns of old-world Europe? That’s the vibe the Dialogue Cafe at Sector 35 gives out. Only a lot fancier. As the name suggests this is the perfect place for long conversations and to go shutter happy with your friends.
- Oven Fresh – Oven fresh has three outlets in Chandigarh – at Sector 7, Sector 35, and at the Elante Mall. All three are reminiscent of old French cafes and make for excellent Instagram stories. It helps that the coffee and food is delicious.
- Boombox Café – The brick and wood ambience of the Boombox Cafe is a classic tribute to the younger generation. The live music gigs that accompany the wonderful food and the hip and happening interiors are right out of a lifestyle magazine.
- Cafe Books N Brew – This is the classic cafe for those who love books and music and all fine things. The eclectic interiors are certainly camera friendly. Do not miss checking out the cute painted walls, colourful furniture, and the bunk-bed style seating.