In today’s society, tattoos are becoming more accepted. With social media platforms growing in popularity, more people than ever before are getting ink tattooed on their bodies.
A lot of folks are showing how much their loved ones mean to them by getting permanent tattoos on their skin. In the past, newlyweds would spend a fortune on gold wedding rings, but a lot of folks seem to be getting tattoos to mark their love for one another instead. Searching for a new tattoo, especially if it is your first time getting a tattoo can prove challenging. Everybody wants a tattoo with meaning, and there’s nothing better than getting a tattoo that will remind you of the biggest day in your life. Just like marriage, a tattoo is meant to be for life. If you are looking for inspiration, this article might help.
Matching Finger Tattoos
Before, it seemed most people got tattoos on their arm, but nowadays, every part of the body is like a blank canvas for tattoo artists. A really cute way of cementing your relationship status is by getting matching tattoos along your ring finger. Here are few examples of what newlywed couples are getting on their finger:
1. Till Death: This tattoo is a reminder that you and your partner will be in love till the day you both die. This tattoo shows both cometiment and love.
2. Key and a Heart: A lot of newly married men get a tattoo of a ring on their ring finger, and their wife gets a tattoo of a heart with a keyhole. This shows that they have been able to open their loved ones’ hearts.
3. Mr. & Mrs tattoo: Some newlyweds get Mr. & Mrs. tattooed on their ring finger to show that they are married.
These tattoos are small in size, so they won’t take long for the artist to complete each one.
Tattoos to Show Protection
A healthy marriage is about feeling loved and safe. Newlyweds will want to feel protected when they are with their loved one, so it is not surprising that so many people are getting tattoos with their new husband or wife that shows that they feel protected.
4. Wolves: Wolves are animals that are known to take very good care of their family. Couples are getting matching tattoos of a couple of wolves together.
5. If you and your partner are religious or spiritual, you should consider getting matching Celtic knot tattoos. These ancient Celtic designs have become very popular over the past couple of decades, and the original drawings were made by monks throughout Celtic regions such as Ireland, Scotland and Wales. A lot of these Celtic knots will symbolize protection. If you are reluctant to get a large tattoo, you should be able to find a small sized one that you can get tattooed on your wrist. You can make it even stronger with a protection spell.
Tattoos for Avid Travelers
Perhaps you and your partner meet while traveling, or maybe you have plans on traveling the world in the near future. If this is the case, why not get similar tattoos that show your love for globe trotting. There are several tattoos that you might like, including the following:
6. Anchor and a compass: A lot of partners are getting tattoos together, but they aren’t always matching. Some feel that matching tattoos come across a little tacky, so instead they get two separate tattoos that work well together. A popular option for those who enjoy travelling is for one person to get a tattoo of an anchor, while the other gets a tattoo of a compass. They both need to get the tattoo on the same part of the body.
7. The flag of the country where the couple met: A lot of folks get tattoos of the country in which they were born and raised. But if you met your partner while you were abroad, why not get something that reminds you of when you first met. The country’s flag or the name of the city or town might look great.
8. Romantic words in a different language: “I Love You” tattoos are fairly common, so to do something a little different, you might want to consider getting a tattoo that says I love you in a different language. If you are both fond of a country abroad, find out how to write something romantic in the local language. Your tattoo artist should have no problems tattooing it on your body.
9. Anchors and palm trees on the back of your ankles: Palm trees and anchors will remind you of being at a sunny beach in a tropical country. A lot of couples who love to travel get these tattoos on the back of their ankles to show they love each other, and that they enjoy the sea and the sand.
10. Elephant tattoo: A lot of folks who were lucky enough to travel through India got small tattoos of elephants on the back of their necks. If you and your new partner are animal lovers, this might be one for you.
If you are planning a honeymoon to a hot one shortly after you have gotten your tattoo, make sure to ask your tattoo artist for advice on protecting it.