Is CBD Good For Skin Repair?
CBD is still a rarely used and lesser-known substance for the masses. But Cannabidiol (CBD) is a one-for-all kind of product which is said to work wonders. It is useful for reducing and relieving everything from anxiety to insomnia and more. It is also said to be beneficial for hair and skin. So it’s no surprise that more people have started using it. But the question is:
How Exactly Is CBD Useful When It Comes To Skin Repair?
A great thing to compare CBD’s properties is how Epsom salts are used. Epsom salts have been used for a long time to soothe sore muscles and relax. These salts have magnesium in them which helps ease the tiredness. When it comes to CBD, similar transdermal or skin absorption effects have been observed as well. CBD has anti-inflammatory benefits which can be felt at the site of skin absorption. Like Epsom salts, CBD’s anti-inflammatory properties also work in a more localized manner.
What Skin Issues Can CBD Cure?
- Psoriasis: Psoriasis is a type of autoimmune disease where skin cells are able to grow and then divide at a faster rate. The result of this is Eczema on the skin. But this is a disease which has no cure. There are only therapies available to combat its symptoms and CBD edibles or oils are quickly becoming a popular remedy for it. CBD has shown positive effects when it comes to slowing down skin cell divisions and combined with its anti-inflammatory effects, CBD can bring relief to psoriasis patients.
- Skin Impurities: Skin impurities like acne and blisters are a common occurrence for adults. Acne is generally caused by a variety of reasons ranging from stress, unhealthy lifestyle, hormonal imbalances etc. Sebum secretion is what keeps the skin healthy and protects it as well. But too much of it can result in acne. While proper skin care is needed to correct the situation, but CBD edibles or oil can help reduce the production of excessive sebum and in turn can lessen acne.
- Skin Rashes: Apart from acne, there are other kinds of skin rashes as well like shaving rashes for example. CBD’s anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties can help heal these rashes. Apart from shaving rashes, CBD can also prevent red acne which arises due to skin inflammation as well.
- Atopic Dermatitis: Dermatitis is a kind of skin disease which is characterized by red, inflamed and itchy rashes. One common treatment prescribed for it is corticosteroid creams. Such creams do relieve the symptoms of Dermatitis but there’s a lot of negative side effects involved with them as well. Moreover, the chances of Dermatitis returning once treatment stops is high too. CBD edibles (or oil) can reduce the skin inflammation since Atopic Dermatitis is at its core an inflammatory disease. It soothes the redness and itchiness as well.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis: This is also an inflammatory skin condition which manifests itself in the form of scaly red skin behind the ears, on the hairline, on the scalp etc. This is caused by excessive sebum production and CBD is a great compound to tackle this issue with. This is because CBD reduces sebum secretion and gets rid of the red, scaly skin. Seborrheic Dermatitis is also caused due to rapid cell reproduction due to Malassezia fungus. CBD helps reduce this rapid skin cell division rate and as a result, slows down this disease.
CBD is useful when it comes to a lot of skin issues. Even if it can’t cure it, CBD can surely help in alleviating the symptoms. This, in turn, will allow you to relax better. Apart from CBD edibles and oil, CBD bath bombs are also slowly becoming popular for this very reason. So whether you have a skin issue to get rid of, or if you just want to soak into a hot tub, CBD will always be there to help you out.