How to Choose the Perfect Cocktail Dress for Your Event
You have been invited to your friend’s wedding and got very excited because it was the first time you are attending such an event. The invite stated that the dress code for girls would be “cocktail casual,” and the first thought strikes your mind is: what the heck does that mean?
In recent years, plus-size fashion has gone mainstream. It had even invaded Fashion Week in 2017. And Rihanna’s Savage X Fenty line features products dedicated to plus-sized women. Nowadays, choosing various plus size cocktail dresses had become a matter of formality. More and more boutique stores are carrying dresses for plus-sized women.
Types of Cocktail Dresses
When deciding on a dress, the general rule is it should not be too long for it to skim the floor, and its hemline should be a little below your fingertips when your arms are at rest. A mini-dress or a knee-length dress is also acceptable.
Here are some types of cocktail dress:
- Strapless cocktail dress – Choose this clothing if you want to show off your perfect shoulders, or you have an hourglass figure.
- Little black cocktail dress – This dress can be both trendy and timeless. You can wear this attire for different occasions.
- Long sleeve cocktail dress – This cocktail dress is a trendy and fun-style dress. It also gives a feeling of elegance.
- Embellished cocktail dress – The dress is fashionable, and the most festive and playful among the various types of cocktail dresses.
- A-line cocktail dress – This dress can be both glamorous and seductive. You can wear it, cap-sleeved, spaghetti-strapped, or strapless.
- Lace cocktail dress – This type of attire is very feminine and ladylike. It is ideal for events like daytime weddings, Easter Sunday services, and evening dates.
Things to Consider When Selecting Your Dress
A diverse number of factors are taken into account when choosing a dress. You should consider your body and your sensibilities. Here are some tips when shopping for your perfect dress:
- Budget – You should choose an outfit based on the amount of money you are willing to buy it. You can opt to splurge a little bit to make you more confident in your look. You can also wear the dress on several occasions, so it is a worthy investment. But never spend what you can’t afford.
- Fabrics used – Make sure that the textiles used in the dress are comfortable because you will be wearing it for several hours. Some of the recommended materials to choose from are satin, lace, silk, and chiffon.
- Body type – When choosing a dress, you should consider a color that you love and a length that fits your body type. If you have an hourglass figure, you can go for a fitted dress with strapless tops to flaunt your sexy figure. If you are overweight or chubby, you can opt for plus size cocktail dresses where you can show off your best features like beautiful legs.
- Length of dress – Choose your dress based on the occasion you attend. For less formal events, you can wear an outfit with ends up from the knee. For formal occasions, choose a dress with hemline below-the-knee.
When selecting a dress for an event, your comfort is of utmost importance to make you more confident and radiant. An appropriately chosen cocktail dress that matches your style and personality will let you stand out.