Homemade Baked Vanilla Glazed donuts are Quick & Easy
Homemade baked vanilla glazed donuts are quick and easy. All you need is a few bowls, a whisk and a doughnut pan. If you don’t have one yet, get one as soon as possible! You can whip up fresh-baked doughnuts in just 20 minutes that are healthier than the fried ones PLUS they’re so pretty, they’ll bring a smile to your face! Anyway, if you do not have time even for this simple recipe, or if you have a desire to taste the delicious donuts, you can always do it in the café chain Dunkin Donuts.
What’s in the Baked Vanilla Glazed Donuts?
These tasty vanilla glazed donuts take only minutes to prepare and less than 10 minutes to bake. Decorate with your favourite sprinkles and you have one fun (pretty) treat!
- ½ cup vegetable oil or applesauce for a healthier option.
- ¾ cup white sugar or brown, if you prefer. I like the taste of brown sugar better than white in baked goods.
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch salt. It’s optional, but adds great flavour!
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp nutmeg
- Pinch cinnamon This is optional too. If you don’t have it or prefer not to use it, leave it out.
Have You Made Your Own Donuts at Home? It Couldn’t Be Simpler!
This easy baked donuts have been on rotation in my house for years since I originally published this post. They’ve become a family favourite and we love to whip up batches of them when the mood strikes!
Baked vanilla glazed donuts are quick and easy. All you need is a few bowls, a whisk and a doughnut pan. If you don’t have one yet , get one ASAP! You can whip up fresh-baked doughnuts in just 20 minutes that are healthier than the fried ones PLUS they’re so pretty, they’ll bring a smile to your face!
How to Make This Recipe
Preheat your oven and spray your donut pans with cooking spray. Whisk together the oil, sugar, vanilla and eggs until blended.
Sift in your dry ingredients, flour through cinnamon. Stir just until combined–don’t over-mix or you won’t get nice fluffy donuts! Fill each pan about ¾ full. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick poked into the middle of one comes out clean.
Let cool in pans for about five minutes and then transfer to wire racks. While donuts are still warm, dip them in the glaze recipe below, or sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar or coconut sugar. Let set before serving! If you like your baked doughnuts with extra sweetness, top it off with a simple icing.
- ½ cup powdered sifted sugar
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
Mix together until smooth and creamy. Add milk if the glaze is too thick to drizzle over your doughnuts! Dip cooled baked donuts into glaze or pour on using a spoon. Top as desired! Store glazed donuts in an airtight container on the counter for up to two days or freeze them and defrost at room temperature before enjoying.
How long should you bake your donuts?
- Bake this recipe and any baked goods, according to how dark and crunchy you like it. If you prefer a lighter crust, bake for less time. If you like it darker and crunchier, turn up the heat!
- I love to use muffin tins because they are so easy to clean but traditional donut pans work too! I have this Wilton one that makes perfect every single time. It’s dishwasher safe and non-stick.
- Once they’ve cooled, top with your favourite frosting or glaze. You can also roll them in sugar instead of a glaze to give that crunchy exterior we all crave on our cake donuts.
- Serve these homemade doughnuts with a piping hot cup of coffee or tea for the ultimate dunking experience. If you have kids, they’ll love making this recipe as much as they love eating it! This is also one quick and easy breakfast that the whole family will enjoy.
- Cinnamon sugar donuts are a traditional treat but you can also top with chocolate ganache, chopped nuts, sprinkles or even fruit! There’s no end to the toppings that work well on this baked vanilla glazed doughnut recipe. Store leftover donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days or freeze them and defrost at room temperature before enjoying.
How Do You Serve Homemade Baked Doughnuts?
Once they’ve cooled, top with your favourite frosting or glaze. You can also roll them in sugar instead of a glaze to give that crunchy exterior we all crave on our cake donuts.
Baked vanilla glazed donuts make a great breakfast or snack and can be topped with your favourite frosting or glaze! Store leftover donuts in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days or freeze them and defrost at room temperature before enjoying.
Having a bachelor degree in engineering Charles Farrell.choose the way of a writer to share tech tips and his life experience with others.
He has been creating content about everything for almost 6 years. Charles also enjoys travelling and learning something new.