Dusty tops of refrigerators and ovens, unorganized and cluttered cabinets are certainly a cause for concern! The kitchen is one of the most important places in your house. A messy kitchen is nothing short of a nightmare, and we know how stressful it can be. Did you know you can find cleaners London using Helpling?
This is why we have brought a step-by-step guide on how to deep clean your kitchen effectively. Let us get started with the prerequisites. However, before we get started, you need to know that you will need to dedicate at least 90 minutes to a productive kitchen deep cleaning session.
Gathering all the necessary supplies makes the kitchen cleaning job easier. This way, you do not have to pause your work midway and rummage through your pantry for the right supplies. Take a look at the list below:
- A dust mop with a preferably long handle
- A small bucket with a handle
- Cloths for cleaning
- A vacuum cleaner that comes with attachments
- Oven cleaner
- All-purpose cleaner/ dishwashing liquid soap/mild cleanser of your choice
- Cabinet liner/Shelf liner
- Drawer dividers
In this duration of 15 minutes, you can clear out the dirty dishes near your sink and remove any additional clutter. This activity will give you the space to finish the deep cleaning.
Oven and refrigerator
- You can start by applying the oven cleaner solution to the oven and let it stand for a while.
- Leave the windows open while you clean in the other areas. Remember to have proper ventilation as this ensures that your kitchen does not house the overpowering smells of cleaning solutions used.
- Next, vacuum suction the coils of your refrigerator. However, it is crucial to unplug the machine first and then clean it.
- Try moving the refrigerator so that the underneath area can be cleaned.
- While you are at it, take your time to sort the containers and food items inside the refrigerator and freezer.
- Remove the shelves and drawers of the refrigerator and wash them. Let them dry in the air to get rid of any unwanted smells.
- Before you begin, turn the stove off and disconnect the power/gas supply to the stove.
- Next, you can work your way up by starting with the knobs, burner covers, spill catchers, and burners on your stove.
- To ensure that your actions do not affect the functioning of the stove, it is recommended to follow the instructions given in the information manual.
- Try lifting or moving the stove aside so that the surface below the stove can be cleaned. The area usually contains grease marks stains.
Kitchen cabinets and drawers
- Remove the cabinets one by one and wipe them with a clean cloth.
- Try to match the lids and bowls properly.
- If you see that you have not been using some containers regularly, this is the best time to take them out.
- Reorganize the items inside.
- It is also recommended to wash the inside and outside of the cabinets along with the containers.
The best way to ensure a squeaky clean dishwasher is by letting it run empty. You can also add a few pinches of baking soda or vinegar to the empty dishwasher cabinet before you turn the switch on. If your dishwasher features a food trap, do not forget to clean it out. While you are at it, it is also prudent to give the outside of the dishwasher a nice wash.
Once you are done with all the appliances, countertops, platforms, and the sink, sweep and mop the floor. Forgetting to do so might leave the kitchen smelly and greasy. The best way to clean the floors and baseboards is to use a rag or towel while applying a certain degree of pressure.