All That You Need To Know About EHS Software
If you have just heard about EHS Software, and want to know more about it, or you are looking for the best EHS software for your company, all you need to do is keep reading to get all your questions answered.
So, let’s get to know EHS better.
WHAT IS AN EHS SOFTWARE?
Environment Health and Safety (EHS) software is a technology used in industrial sectors like construction, mining, manufacturing, energy pharma, and utilities. The software is used to manage all the enterprise risk, sustainability data, regulatory compliance, and activities to save the company time, eliminate unwanted events, and reduce risk. On the other hand, it is an efficient way to connect all the employees across your organization – be it the C- level executives, factory supervisors, or subordinates, and have their documents, data, activities, and metrics in one centralized system. It makes access to information quite easy and builds a cohesive environment for every stakeholder of the company to thrive.
HOW DOES THE EHS SOFTWARE WORK?
It begins by collecting all your data, documents, tasks and collaborates them into one centralized platform. It might also pull the necessary information from other platforms like CEM, CRM, financial, and production data. Then it creates a powerful dashboard combining all the information, to provide your complete picture as an employee in real-time, and share it with the need-to-know employees. It can also automate administrative tasks like providing alerts and notifications, following up on assigned tasks, etc. The innovative technology can transform the way safety is managed in an organization by providing you a 360° view of all the activities performed in the organization.
HOW DOES AN EHS SOFTWARE HELP YOU?
- Minimizes Risk
- Audits Safety Standard
- Identifies Hazards
- Tracks And Eliminates Unwanted Incidents
- Captures And Modifies Unsafe Behaviour
- Data Transparency And Access
- Higher User Engagement
- Boosts Employee Morale
HOW CAN YOU USE AN EHS SOFTWARE?
Both the company and the employee can use the EHS software to their benefit. It assists with lower costs, improved productivity, and overall better performance. Here’s how you can use EHS software to your benefit.
- Standardize and Centralize – EHS software makes it easier to collaborate and get work done because it organizes all the documents, tasks, and deadlines in one place. It automates data entry apart from standardizing the methods in which employees collect and manage information. Thus, reduces the risk of non-compliance.
- Increased Visibility – The dynamic dashboards allow the executive and the managerial personnel to see the position of the company and the efficiency of the subordinates in real-time from anywhere.
- Proactive Management – The EHS software helps you to record more timely and meaningful data so that results can be quickly analyzed to find out issues and spot trends in real-time. It helps the management in making real-time decisions.
- Leverage the existing system intelligence – EHS software includes an additional layer of intelligence to your data, which is absent in spreadsheets. It includes sending you alerts about sending you alerts when permit limits or thresholds are exceeded, thus assigning event-triggered corrective actions. These features help in optimizing the company’s performance.
HOW DO YOU FIGURE OUT IF YOU NEED AN EHS SOFTWARE?
In today’s time, every solution is designed to grow and scale with your organization. It can manage data from 10 to 100+ users. But if you are still unsure whether your company needs an EHS software, here’s what you should ask yourself.
- Is it becoming difficult to manage deadlines and tasks?
- Does my team have to spend a lot of time compiling data?
- Is my team spending a lot of time in databases and spreadsheets to find data?
- Do we have a shortage of time and resources in keeping up with our EHS responsibility?
- Does my company want to lower risk and improve performance?
If your answer to all the above questions is yes, then you probably need EHS software.
WHAT FEATURES SHOULD YOUR EHS SOFTWARE HAVE?
- The core features of EHS include
- Analyzing and updating the dashboard
- Managing documents
- Notification and alerts about follow-ups
- Task management and taking corrective actions
- Advanced features of EHS software include
- Inspection and Audit
- Regulatory Tracking
- Integration with other software like CRM, ERP, etc.
- Data Warehousing
One of the primary things to keep in mind while choosing an EHR software is to overestimate the features and include more functionalities than required. This might take up a lot of time and lead to unrequired frustration.
If you are looking to choose software for your mid-size or multi-site company with huge volumes of data, Safety Evolved is one of the most simple and affordable EHS software in Australia. So go ahead and optimize your team’s effort and your company’s decision making further by taking real-time decisions.