Your Seasonal Home Maintenance Checklist
You might be owning a tiny, cozy apartment in a bustling city or a lavish villa in the outskirts. No matter what big or small is your house, you have to take care of it. If you follow a regular home maintenance schedule, then you can avoid future repair costs.
It might take considerable energy to put the home maintenance tasks on your agenda. But it will be worth every penny spend on the same. Seasonal home maintenance needs to be done on a priority basis before the season settling in. So, when you prepare a quarterly plan, make sure you include the following home maintenance items on the top of your list.
Spring Home Maintenance Checklist
‘Spring it on’ – spring cleaning is also be called deep cleaning by the experts. This is the perfect time when you can move the furniture, paint your house, clean the roofs, and give each part of your home through attention. It could be repairs or leakages; this is the right time to get rid of all the concerns.
- Evaluate and identify issues in the detectors.
- Check for the caulks in the bathrooms, kitchen, and the roof.
- Fix servicing of air conditioners.
- Check whether fire extinguishers and kitchen exhaust devices are working.
- Evaluate and repair window screens.
- Check for roof and attic leakages.
- Clean the basements and renovate it if needed.
- Check for outdoor furniture such as the patio, play equipment, breakfast tables.
- Clean all the gutters.
- Clean and polish wooden furniture
- Clean the deck.
- Clean, inspect, and repair the septic tanks.
- Inspect refrigerator for repairs.
- Drain all the water collected in the water heater.
- Clean, remove debris, and fertilize the lawn.
- Check, repair, or replace extension cords and switchboards.
- Clean, repair, and maintain exit ways or walkways.
- Clean the clothes dryer.
Summer Home Maintenance Checklist
- Try to finish off the indoor home maintenance tasks in the summer season.
- Oiling of house doors, and garage doors.
- Check all the locks and keys.
- Clean, empty, and fix drip trays in the refrigerator.
- Examine dishwasher, kitchen cabinets, and washrooms for any repairs.
- Do all the plumbing checks and repairs, wherever required.
- If you do not intend to step out in the sun, hire a gardener to look after the plants and shrubs in the garden. He can do all the tree and grass trimming jobs.
- Check the exterior sliding and get it repaired if damaged.
Fall Home Maintenance Checklist
Since the weather is dry, fall is suitable for general home maintenance tasks. Most of these items are done to protect the home from the harsh winds and snow of the winter.
- Repair, check, or buy a new heating system for your house. This is the right time to be prepared for the winter season.
- Clean all the sprinkler systems.
- Make sure all the outdoor water units and pipes are covered.
- Clean the gutters.
- Cover your air-conditioner, swimming pool, and bring in your plants.
- Inspect the chimney.
- Seal windows and doors.
- Clean the clothes dryer.
- Clean the kitchen appliances and dry them thoroughly.
Winter Home Maintenance Checklist
Winter is usually harsh for a home, but you can take several steps to protect your belongings, interiors, and exteriors. The pipes, water sources can get frozen, the roof can get damaged.
- Note down the contact details of a professional on your phone for any emergency repairs. Cleaning professionals utilize effective technology such as water fed pole to providing you with sparkling homes.
- Check the basements, roof, and gutters for any repairs.
- Clean all the drains in your indoor water sources.
- Clean up the bathroom exhaust units.
- Clean the refrigerator, particularly the pans and coils.
- Since it is a holiday season, the electrical décor will need robust connections.
- If you wish to have exterior décor, then it should not require electrical connections.
- Evaluate GFCI outlets.
In a nutshell, it is convenient to schedule home maintenance activities according to the season. When the weather is dry and warm, you can get done the maximum of your home maintenance jobs by yourself. During summertime, you can allocate tasks amongst family members and have a good time together. In winters, prefer to hire an excellent professional and enjoy your cozy, festive season.