Online Payment Methods that aren’t PayPal
PayPal is one of the most popular online payment methods currently available, primarily due to their partnership with eBay making them a household name. PayPal has many advantages but isn’t the only alternative payment method available. We’ve summarised some of the best online payment methods currently available and the positives and negatives of each. One new option that we highly recommend is Powercash21 – payment gateway services. This is a payment gateway that offers everything a business or freelancer could want, including prepaid cards, online payments and merchant solutions.
Skrill has rates that are comparable to PayPal which can make it difficult to separate the two to start with. The main feature that sets Skrill apart from other similar options is their prepaid card options that offer a great simple option for business owners. In addition, their options for international payments are much better than PayPal as you get a debit card that allows for instant payments. This debit card can then be used as normal meaning that you have constant access to your money and can use ATMs to take it out in cash, as well as buy things in stores and online with the card.
- you can set up the account very easily and be ready to pay and receive money very quickly
- Good security options, meaning that you don’t have to worry about your money.
- It is generally free to get paid and to make payments, there are no hidden charges.
- Skrill is available internationally and you can transfer money across countries easily.
- There is also an option for people who gamble and game online, meaning that you can hold your money somewhere safely.
- There is a charge when sending cash to another email or Skrill account
- The impressive security measures also mean that the account can be frozen quite easily if you’re making lots of payments or big payments.
- Customer support does not match that of PayPal or other online payment providers.
After stripe paypal this is the online payment system you’ve probably heard of. They are a big company and are partnered with several large online players like Square space and Shopify. Stripe exists to make a merchant account unnecessary and does everything for you. This makes the process of sending and receiving money very simple and removes complications. Transaction fees are not much better than PayPal, and are generally about the same.
- Money is deposited directly into your bank
- There is an option to make payments with your mobile
- Payments internationally are accepted
- Use of their real-time reporting feature to keep an eye on your funds.
- Fees are clear and you know when you are getting charged
- Integrate with Apple and Android payment systems
- Once a transaction goes through you cannot generally get to your money immediately, you need to wait a couple of days.
- Even though international payments are an option, you can’t actually open an account outside of the US, UK, Europe and Canada
- You may need a developer to set the system up on your website
- There are additional fees for international payments