Breast Augmentation: A Guide to Knowing Your Options
Breast augmentation surgery allows women to increase their breast size and gain confidence in their appearance. Women seek this surgery for many reasons. Those who have been considering augmentation need to learn what to expect so they can be prepared.
What Is Breast Augmentation?
Women need to learn as much as possible about breast augmentation when exploring breast augmentation surgery options. There is no one-size-fits-all approach to augmentation. Most surgeons approach this surgery with the goal of enhancing a woman’s natural breast size and shape while keeping their breasts looking more symmetrical, without it being obvious they had augmentation surgery.
The following are some of the common goals of having breast augmentation. Exploring these options will help women make the best choice for their needs.
- Augmentation restores breast size and shape after a woman goes through pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Many women pursue augmentation so they can feel more confident in bathing suits, lingerie, or even nude.
- Breast augmentation can be pursued to bring greater balance to a woman’s body, allowing her breasts to match the curvature of her hips.
- Many women develop self-esteem issues as their breasts begin to sag or because they have smaller chests. Augmentation brings back a woman’s self-esteem.
What Makes a Woman a Good Candidate for Breast Augmentation?
Breast augmentation is not for everyone. Women will need to go through a consultation appointment to ensure they are a good candidate for this surgical procedure. The following are some of the attributes of suitable surgical candidates.
- The patient needs to be in good physical and mental health.
- Women should be at least eighteen years of age.
- Women should also be at a healthy weight and not plan on losing drastic amounts of weight.
- Smokers should not pursue any form of surgery until they quit the habit because smoking causes slow healing.
Tips for Finding the Right Surgeon
Aside from deciding to have breast augmentation, one of the most important decisions a woman will make is selecting a surgeon. The following should help guide a woman in deciding which cosmetic surgeon will carry out her procedure.
- Research is critical for finding a surgeon. Do not rush the process.
- Ask for patient referrals from the surgeon, and contact each one to ask pertinent questions.
- Check out the surgeon’s patient portfolio of before and after photos.
- Read patient reviews to learn what people have experienced from the surgeon.
- Ensure the surgeon is board certified.
Breast Augmentation Gives Women Confidence
As women go through pregnancies, breastfeeding, weight loss and gain, and aging, their breasts can begin to lose volume and sag. When a woman is unhappy with her breasts, it can affect her confidence.
Today’s breast augmentation procedures are more advanced than ever thought possible. The results can be dramatic or subtle, and surgeons are able to create natural-looking and feeling breasts that complement what a woman has naturally.
Those considering breast augmentation need to learn about their options and talk with a cosmetic surgeon right away. Breast augmentation can enhance a woman’s figure and give her back the confidence she has been missing.
Women interested in breast augmentation should schedule a consultation appointment to learn about their options. Breast augmentation is a process but is well worth the time and effort. With their breasts transformed, a woman will feel more feminine and beautiful.