4 Methods to Tame Fuzzy Hair
To deal with fuzzy or curly hair, you need to find out the reasons why your strands are like that. In this article, I will give 4 amazing methods that will help you to tame your locks. The caring methods were collected by me and my friend Monica, who also has a great beauty blog.
Why do I have unruly hair?
There is a number of reasons why your curls are fuzzy or unruly:
- Genetic predisposition;
- High level of humidity;
- Frequent dyeing, curling and hair straightening;
- Long exposure to the sun.
If nothing can be done about the genetic predisposition and increased humidity, then the remaining causes you can eliminate without much effort.
How To Care For Fuzzy Hair: 4 Methods
- Use The Right Treatment
If you prefer factory-made hair care products, then choose treatments that include licorice, coconut and jojoba oils, lotus, and cornflower extracts. Caring balms and serums should contain dimethicone. Hair masks with natural white henna will help tame your curls. They make curls more elastic and soft.
It is recommended to apply a moisturizing mask at least once a week. Especially in the heating season, as it dries the air. Be sure to use conditioner and moisturizing sprays.
Cannabis oil moisturizes problem curls, makes them stronger, helps to give a hairstyle shape. It is perfect for smoothing the structure of the hair. Oils can be applied both before washing hair and after. There are lightweight oils that do not burden thin hair.
- Proper Hair Washing
If you wash your hair too often, you deprive them of the natural fat that protects them from drying out. Curly hair should be washed no more than three times a week. Also, don’t forget to use moisturizing shampoo and conditioners.
Due to the structural features, curly curls are naturally dry. Therefore, the main point of care for such hair is hydration and nutrition. Choose shampoos and conditioners for curly hair. If there are none in the line of your favorite brand, feel free to take an experiment and try others.
- Proper Hair Drying
Fuzzy hair is better to dry with a hairdryer. Natural drying causes the hair cells to stay open, so they can easily absorb moisture from the air. As a result, the hair looks dull and can electrify. If you dry them with hot hairdryer air, the scaly layer is closed, and the hair has less contact with air moisture.
- Curly Girl Method
Are you ready to try something new? The Curly Girl Method (known as the Shampoo-Free Method) is based on Lorraine Massey’s advice for curly hair owners. The method of washing “without shampoo” involves the complete rejection of the use of shampoo, as the sulfates contained in it wash out natural oils. After you give up sulfates, the hair will be able to maintain their natural moisture.
How it works:
- Throw away your shampoo! Most shampoos contain aggressive sulfates that are damaging to the hair (ammonium laureth sulfate, ammonium lauryl sulfate, sodium laureth sulfate, sodium lauryl sulfate). These shampoo ingredients make curly hair fuzzy and untamable. Conditioner helps to cleanse your hair more delicately. If you can’t refuse shampoo, use a milder formula that contains delicate cleansers (such as cocamidopropyl betaine or coconut betaine).
- Wash your scalp with conditioner. First, you should wet your hair and distribute the conditioner over the skin of the entire scalp and massage it with your fingertips (but not your nails). After that, rinse the skin while continuing to rub it with your fingertips. Depending on how dry your scalp skin is, you can use the conditioner once a week, twice a week, or every day.
- Apply the conditioner along the entire length of the hair and gently untangle the curls. Use your fingers or a wide-toothed comb. To begin, untangle the ends of the hair and gradually rise higher. Leave the conditioner on your hair for 5 minutes for extra hydration.
- Rinse your hair for the last time in cool or cold water. This will make the curls obedient and shiny. Leave some conditioner on your hair, especially at its ends. You can run your fingers through your hair, but do not comb your comb afterward.
- Gently pat your hair with a T-shirt, paper towel, or microfiber towel to remove excess moisture. A terry towel will make your hair unruly. Instead, you can form curls with your finger then wait 5 minutes for the curls to take their usual shape.
- Dry your hair. The easiest and most gentle way is to dry naturally. If you need to dry your hair with a hairdryer, use a diffuser nozzle to avoid the formation of fuzzy curls (dry your hair by 80%) and let it dry on its own. Do not touch the hair while it is dry. Otherwise, you will ruin the shape of your natural curls.
If you will regularly take cair of your strands, you will soon notice positive changes in their condition. They will delight you with a healthy glow, become obedient, smooth, elastic, and beautiful.
If you have any questions on any of the presented methods, please feel free to ask!