Canada’s printing industry is on pace to surpass $3 billion in revenues by 2019. Currently, there are more than 12,000 people who rely on the industry for their livelihood.
Metal prints are a great option if you want an economical way to transfer your digital photographs onto aluminum panels. The luster and vibrancy of the colors are enhanced, and you have on your hands a piece of art that you can proudly display on the wall or top of your cabinets.
This method has become a popular option for offices and restaurants because of the elegant finish of the metal prints in Canada.
Writing about metal prints make it very hard to describe their superiority compared to a traditional digital print. You have to compare them side-by-side to notice the difference.
Here are some things you need to know about metal prints:
- They come in two base coatings — The coating helps make the digital prints pop out. The common coatings used are transparent and opaque white. They resemble photo paper. The outer coating can be satin, matte, and gloss. Typically, the service provider will have a template of examples so you can choose one to your liking.
- Silver metal — Known as clear metal, it utilizes a clear base that features a lot of texture because the brushed aluminum is visible. The image will naturally go a shade darker. Black and white photographs will shine on silver metal.
- White metal — This process is the more popular choice for metal prints Canada because it evokes that traditional and classic look. The colors are very vibrant. Think of the color of your digital photograph in high definition, and you get the idea.
- They don’t need a frame — Metal prints are perfect for minimalist and modern homes because they don’t require frames. The aluminum material serves as the frame itself. When it arrives on your doorstep, you need to find a place to hang it. They are a great way to break an ample space. They will stand out on a white wall and become great conversation starters, as these prints will anyone’s eye.
- They have a long lifespan — One of the clear advantages of metal prints is they will still look new even after 20 years. It’s a great way to immortalize a moment because the colors will remain vibrant, like on the day you had them printed.
- They are moisture-proof and UV-proof — The protective coating applied on the metal prints will conserve your photographs regardless of where you place them. You can put them in the kitchen or bathroom where they are exposed to moisture and not worry about damaging the surface.
- They are slightly heavier compared to traditional photo frames — The aluminum material makes metal prints heavier. This is good for durability, but you also need to factor the weight when you are hanging metal prints on the wall. You need slightly durable hangers and make sure that the wall is reinforced. Don’t hang them on plaster or drywall. Find a stud in the wall to secure your metal print.
Finally, metal prints are more expensive compared to canvas or acrylic prints. But they are an excellent investment because they are pieces of art that will last a very long time. Besides, how do you put a value on a memory?
For your metal print needs, contact Canvas & Decor at their toll-free number #1-855-867-1894. You may also email their friendly staff at [email protected] for inquiries and a free quote.