Are you tired of just sitting under your shed without having your guys around? There is no fun in just sitting around your shed without engaging in fun activities, as you can get bored and tired of these no fun activities. What if you can convert them to something more fun and enjoyable even with your friends.
Turning your shed or garage into a man cave is the best option for you. There is certainly no need to give up having a good time with friends because you have a shed at home. In this article, we will be telling how to turn your steel shed kit into a lively and enjoyable man cave.
What is a man cave?
Man caves special rooms or spaces in a house that only accommodates the males of the family or their male friends only. Women and girls are not allowed here as it is just a space where men and boys do their manly activities. This room is decorated and equipped with much manly stuff like; video games, snooker boards, gym items, and many other masculine items. This room can also be used as; a media room for recording song trap songs, a tree house, a gym room, and other manly designs.
The main purpose of this room is to have a get-together with male family members or male friends to have manly fun activities in this room without the disturbance or interference of the ladies.
Some benefits of turning your shed to a man cave at home
There are some benefits of having a man cave at home that will give you more reasons to turn your shed or garage into a man cave;
- Bringing out the smart and creative side of you, as this room features many items that can involve you using your brain power and intellect, such as gaming, singing, and playing indoor games. These activities tend to make you creative and smarter, especially if you are involved in the competition. Watching a TV show or documentary can also help make you more smart and creative if what you are watching is very informative and educational.
- Right for games and parties; there is always more than enough fun when you host night parties and games night at a man cave. Especially at game night, you always want to show off your most mind-blowing skills may be on the snooker board or with the video games. These games night comes with its fun as everyone is trying to win In a friendly competition. It is also nice for night parties where you and your guy drink, chat and have fun.
- Very nice for relaxation; Getting back from work can be tiring, and you need a place to relax? Or you are on vacation or work leave or even holidays, and you want to relax before resuming school or work? Or maybe you want to relax without wanting to get yourself involved with girl issues? Then the man cave is t just the right spot as it can also serve as a good relaxation spot.
- Men building men; this should be the most important benefit of having a man cave at home. Men tend to observe and learn from each other as no one ever has or knows it all. The building or helping each other can be actualized by motivations from motivational speeches or hard-life experiences shared that can also inspire others. Or it can just be by helping a friend build muscle as you work with gym items or teach a friend how to be very good in video games or sing. It can be anything but something that impacts something meaningful in another person’s life.
After knowing all these, and you want to convert your shed to a man cave, but you don’t know how, don’t you worry, we have got you covered as we will explain below how you can go about that. If you don’t have an existing shed, you can design one with an online shed designer app that allows you the freedom to make your man cave the way you want.
Converting your shed or garage to the man cave
Turning your shed into a man cave needs quite a lot of procedures as it is very important to look out for every detail that can mess up everything if not carefully looked out for. These procedures cover proper waterproofing, electricity and lightning, insulation and heating, etc.
Procedures in turning your shed into a man cave;
- Prepare a list of all you want to do in the man cave; what purposes will it serve? Is it just for drinks, a gym hall, or a games room? Also, prepare another list for budgeting, taking everything that is going to be bought into consideration to estimate how much your man cave may cost you.
- Check the condition of your shed and know if there are areas that need to be worked on. Things to check out are poor electrical condition, water leakage, weatherproofing, and other details that can ruin your man cave.
- After you are done with all of the above, take your time to make a list of jobs to be carried out while turning your shed into a man cave, considering important jobs that will actualize your man cave. A timetable of activities to be carried out is another procedure you must implement. We cannot finish this point without telling you that you need to analyze job risk and reduce it, and this will, in turn, help check the welfare and safety of those working with you on turning your shed into a man cave.
- Then go into the job properly. You can start with water and damp proofing your shed to avoid water and moisture leakages.
- In order to avoid power surges and electrical shocks. Make your walls of plywood, plastics or rubber, groove, or plasterboard in order to properly insulate your man cave and connect electricity to it. You don’t want to spoil your fun time because of electrical power surges, so try insulating properly.
- Now you can start putting and fitting in other necessary room appliances like; lighting, making your preferred choices of the kind of lighting you want. Installing heaters like fireplaces, radiators, or stoves to keep the room warm. Also, running WiFi to your man cave is another option for internet surfing.
- Water is also a necessity. Make sure to run water lines to your man cave for easy water consumption and usage.
- Employ a plumber to help with the bathroom as it is necessary to have convenience in your man cave.
- Ensure to properly secure your man cave by installing locks and keys for safety.
- You can now move your items and decorate your man cave to your preferred design.
These are all you can do to turn your garage or shed into a man cave. You can also make some adjustments that best suit your taste.