The first free video chats with random people appeared back in 2009. These were Omegle and ChatRoulette. They became the pioneers of this format of anonymous dating. At the same time, their functionality was rather limited. In essence, the system connected you with random users. You did not have the opportunity to choose the gender of the interlocutor, their country of residence and other important parameters. Many people really wanted and needed it. Therefore, analogues with broader functionality gradually began to appear. But some of them were paid.
Today we will not only take a look at the most popular free random webcam chats, but also several paid ones. We will also think about whether it is worth paying for additional features.
TOP most popular free video chats with strangers
- Omegle. This website is considered to be the first random video chat. It was launched in 2009 and quickly became extremely popular. Users highly appreciated the new online dating format, and at the peak of its popularity, the average daily number of users exceeded one million people. Today Omegle is not so popular anymore, but it is still one of the leaders. Here you can communicate via video link and text chat. There is an unmoderated section and a chat for university students. Also, you can indicate your interests in a separate field so that the system searches for the most suitable interlocutors for you.
- ChatRoulette. At one time it was the main competitor of Omegle. The resource appeared six months later, but it also became very popular. The number of users per day at the beginning of 2010 exceeded one and a half million people. Unfortunately, due to extremely poor moderation and limited functionality, the website quickly lost its audience. And now its popularity is far from being the same as before.
- ChatRandom. Today, it is one of the most popular video chats with strangers. Here you can not only communicate with random users, but also use special “Rooms” according to your interests. For example, there are chat rooms for movie and music lovers, there are “Rooms” for flirting, and so on.
- Chatspin. The website is not new, but it only started working as a random video chat a few years ago. Before that, the developers experimented with different formats, but in the end, they settled on the classic chat roulette. The popular analytical resource Alexa even included Chatspin in the list of the twenty most popular video chats. And this is a very good result, since there are thousands of analogs.
- Bazoocam. The resource is especially popular with French users. But in recent years, it has been popularizing among English-speaking users. The website is also listed in the Alexa rankings. Moreover, it is in the top ten. However, there is a serious moderation issue. About 10% of cameras are either openly advertising or fake. And this is a serious disadvantage.
As you can see, the choice is quite large. We have not named even a small part of the popular random video chats. But almost all of them have their drawbacks. Among the key disadvantages, we can note the following:
- Poor moderation. This problem is inherent in almost all free video chats. There are a lot of fakes, advertising broadcasts, inadequate users and such. And this can ruin the impression.
- Few useful functions and settings. Only rare free random video chats allow you to choose the gender and geolocation of the interlocutor. Therefore, in most cases, you will communicate with people with whom you can hardly meet offline. Therefore, such websites are not always suitable for dating with the prospect of a real meeting.
- Outdated interface. There is an exception, but most of the free web chats with strangers look very archaic. The design of some of them has not changed for 5-10 years. On the one hand, this does not affect the communication itself. But on the other hand, such a design is a frank relic of the past.
- Video and sound quality. If the resource does not bring a good income, it is difficult for developers to implement new technological solutions. Therefore, do not be surprised if the picture and sound are not the best.
There are many more similar disadvantages. Sometimes these are minor issues, but when they overlap, the overall impression deteriorates greatly. That is why more and more users are switching to paid analogs, devoid of such obvious disadvantages.
Paid anonymous video chats and their advantages
- CooMeet Russian.This is a very popular chat roulette russia, the main advantage of which is its gender filter. You simply indicate in the parameters that you want to communicate exclusively with girls. And the website will only connect you with them. This is very handy if you are looking for a soulmate or want to flirt at least. With all this, the female audience on the website is really large – thousands of girls are online almost at any time of the day. By the way, there is a free trial period here to evaluate all the benefits of the service and decide if you are willing to pay for them.
- Chatspin (paid Plus-subscription). We have already mentioned Chatspin as a free chat roulette. And it really can be used at no extra cost. Including mobile apps for iOS and Android. But it is with the Plus subscription that this web chat really stands out. You will be able to use advanced location filters, chat only with girls or guys, add effects to your video broadcast. In addition, with the Plus-subscription, the video quality is increased to HD, which for many people will also be an important advantage.
What can we say to summarize the above-said? If you just need a casual video chat for unobtrusive communication without special prospects, you can use free sites. Their basic functionality will be enough. But if you need additional settings, filters and convenient tools for communication, paid resources are worth considering. And moderation is one level higher here. So, no one will spoil your impression of this dating format.
In any case, we advise you to try different options to see what works best for you. Fortunately, the choice is huge today. And the number of interesting resources for online communication is only increasing every year.