People all around the globe are investing in air fryers for their kitchens. This modern kitchen appliance allows home cooks to cook food in a short space of time without having to use oil, and without sacrificing the food’s delicious flavors. It can easily help you cook finger-licking food quickly, and cleaning up when you’re done cooking is hassle-free!
Similar devices to air fryers were on sale throughout the 1990s, but the first patented appliance burst onto the scene in 2005. Since then, sales have been booming, and because there is such a high demand for air fryers, there are plenty of models readily available on the market. However, with so many air fryers out there, you might find it tricky on deciding which model is best for you. Don’t assume that each air fryer is the same. You can find a small air fryer if you have limited space in your kitchen, or you can find a larger air fryer if you have a large family to feed. Let’s take a closer look at some of the functions and features you should look out for while you are in the market for a new air fryer.
One of the common mistakes home cooks make when they invest in a new air fryer is overestimating the appliance’s cooking capacity. If you only plan on using the device to cook for one or two people, then you should be able to pick up an air fryer that has a 3L capacity. Overfilling an air fryer with too much food can result in undercooked food, so be careful. Don’t stuff the basket with excess ingredients.
If you are looking for an air fryer to cook food for a small family, then you should look for one that has a capacity of 5L. This is an ideal candidate for a family of three or four people. However, if you are looking to cook for four or more people, you might want to push the boat out a little by investing in a 10L capacity air fryer.
Some people who purchase a small air fryer often end up with a second model. This can be used as a backup in case visitors pop around for a bite to eat. It can be used to cook other ingredients at the same time, so having a second model might not be the worst idea. If you enjoy hosting events in your home, then having a good oven alongside a large air fryer might make your life easier.
Different Features and Accessories
The majority of air fryers out there only have a single basket with no other accessories. For basic cooks, this might be an ideal investment, because it makes cooking straightforward. However, there are others that won’t be satisfied with this, as a lot of experienced home cooks will want several different accessories and for their air fryers to have lots of different features and functions. Here are some of the questions you might want to ask before spending your hard-earned money on a brand new air fryer:
- Does it have a rotating basket: If you would like to use your air fryer for roasting, you are going to love the models that have a rotating bowl that allows you to cook the ingredients evenly.
- Are there multiple cooking zones: Cooking different ingredients simultaneously without multiple cooking zones or trays can prove difficult? If you want to cook food at the same time, you should invest in a model that has multiple trays or a twin basket.
- Does it have an automatic stirring feature: One of the best things about air fryers is that it does all the hard work for you. If you purchase a model that has an automatic stirring feature, then you won’t have to take out the basket midway through the cooking process to shake it so that your ingredients don’t stick together. If you have very little time to cook, you should consider an air fryer with this function.
Understanding the reasons why you are getting an air fryer will help you figure out what type will work best for you. There is no point in spending a small fortune on an air fryer with several functions and features if you don’t intend on using each one.
Check Out Reviews Online
Air fryers are one of Amazon’s best-selling kitchen appliances, so there are plenty of folks posting independent reviews on the different models that are for sale. When looking through online reviews, you might want to keep an eye out for the following:
- Does it make a lot of noise while it is cooking food? If the appliance makes a lot of noise, there are bound to be upset customers complaining online. If you don’t want the device to disturb people in your home while you are cooking, you might want to find an air fryer that makes very little noise.
- Does it have a digital timer: Digital timers allow you to program the time you want your air fryer to start cooking. This is great for those who have very little time to cook home food.
- Does it have any preset cooking menus: This feature makes cooking with an air fryer even easier.
Although a lot of online marketplaces allow customers to publish reviews, there are plenty of websites and online forums worth looking at too.