The HIFU facial treatment, which stands for High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound, is a therapy based on the use of high-intensity focused ultrasound. These ultrasounds act on the different layers of the skin, such as the deep dermis and the epidermis, stimulating the creation of collagen, which is responsible for maintaining firmness in the skin.
High-Intensity Focused Ultrasound is a fascinating medicinal practice, the aim of which is to eliminate restricted fat and lessen floppiness through thermal ablation. This treatment works by applying a high frequency and energy ultrasound beam that, through a magnifying effect, acts on the deep layers of the skin without damaging the superficial ones.
The concentration of the ultrasound increases the temperature of the treated area to about 65-75 degrees. The increase in temperature makes the fat begin to break down so that it is later eliminated naturally through the body.
HIFU Facelift Treatment can be used on various parts of the face and body:
Face: it is usually applied in the double chin area, chin, forehead and eyes.
Body: applied to arms, holsters, abdomen, inner thighs, upper knee area and flanks.
Why is HIFU so different and novel?
Because it is the system that has demonstrated the best results in facial firming (without surgery) for performing a non-invasive “lifting”, in addition to being approved by the American FDA – Food and Drug Administration Agency, this is an unprecedented guarantee in firmness treatments.
In what sense can the results be similar to a surgical “facelift”?
HIFU applied in its facial use produces a retraction or tension of the skin without tissue displacement so that the “lifting” effect is very natural and progressive, without changes in the expression of the face.
After what AGE is it recommended?
It is recommended from 35 years
Among the many benefits that we can achieve with the application of this novel technique, we can mention:
- It considerably improves the appearance of our body’s skin, achieving magnificent results, such as smooth, fresh and shiny skin.
- It manages to permanently destroy adiposities, eliminating permanent fat in the most prone areas such as the arms, abdomen, legs and waist.
- Only a few sessions are sufficient to see the desired results.
- HIFU can be done on the spot on the face. This technique is currently one of the most requested body treatments by people who care about their well-being. Among the benefits of facial HIFU stands out that it manages to eliminate all kinds of wrinkles on the face, such as the forehead, eyes and mouth, and define the chin thanks to natural collagen elastin regeneration in the skin.
- Another advantage of facial HIFU is that it achieves the same results as when applying facial surgery. The results are usually appreciated from the first applications, managing to last its effect over time.
In addition to this, the facial skin is lifted and tightened, facial wrinkles are eliminated, and fat deposits in the lower part of the face are permanently destroyed.
HIFU Treatment is usually recommended for people with mild to moderate sagging, people who have sagging eyebrows hanging in the face, especially in the jaw, neck and cheeks.
- Suitable for all skin types, not injured and almost unnoticed.
- When using ultrasound above 3MHz, there is no risk of damaging adjacent tissue.
- This technology gives better results than high frequencies. It causes an immediate contraction of the skin, formation of new skin, and formation of elasticity in the medium term. Besides, it affects all skin layers (epidermis, epidermis, deep dermis and superficial muscle mass).
- An alternative with almost the same results as surgery removes wrinkles around the eyes, mouth and forehead. It performs a tightening effect that improves the face’s oval shape (a treatment also known as HIFU on the face).
- Regeneration of collagen and elastin reduces skin ageing signs and produces results similar to those using synthetic collagen and hyaluronic acid.
- It has the ability to destroy fat cells permanently and is very effective for significant lipodystrophy of the abdomen, arms, buttocks, legs and hips. On the other hand, it prevents sagging after making the body smaller.
- This is one of the few cosmetological treatments that require several sessions and, as a rule, requires 2-3 applications to achieve the desired result.
How is the treatment with HIFU?
At the beginning of the HIFU session, the area to be treated is outlined, massaged, and a gel is applied that facilitates the penetration of the waves into the skin. Next, the appropriate time and temperature are selected for each case, and the ultrasound begins to be applied in upward movements. To finish, the area is massaged again, and a lipo-reducing cream can be applied.
As a whole, the session only takes 45 minutes to two hours, depending on the sections of the body to be taken care of. Treatment is generally not painful, although pain thresholds vary from person to person. Mild discomfort may be felt for a moment from the energy released as well as a sudden increase in temperature.
After each session, the patient can resume their daily activities, since it does not require rest. After the session, slight redness may appear that lasts for a few hours. Other side effects that may arise are temporary tingling, oedema, and minor bruising that heal in a few days.