Phuket: The Perfect Destination for a Family Holiday
If you plan for a honeymoon or to relive and renew your marriage, then Phuket is definitely the place to be. This city in Thailand is said to have something about it that induces tourists from all parts of the world to come here at least once in their lifetime. Also, all types of travellers make this city part of the must-visit tourist list. It also boasts being among the popular breath-taking destinations in Asia throughout the year. You can easily get world-class accommodation in the top hotels in phuket.
Some facts to know about Phuket
This destination can be termed to be an excellent mixture of a stunning sunset, white sand beaches, natural wonders, and hospitable people. This city also boasts of being the country’s largest island, measuring about 48 km in length & 21 km in width. Throughout the year, it has hot & humid weather conditions. The island is also termed to be a melting pot for different cultures like the Buddhists, Thai-Chinese and the Muslims. You and your family can get indulged in different types of exciting and thrilling activities like swimming, snorkelling, diving, yachting, parasailing, jet skiing and much more! You can also participate in kite surfing, wakeboarding, free diving and windsurfing. If you are a foodie and cannot imagine life without food, then you are free to taste the different Thai favourites prepared here like Nam Phrik Kang Siap, Khanom Jin, etc.
What to do & where to go?
There are indeed several places to visit in and around Phuket and plenty of things to do. Few of them are given below:
- Wat Chalong: It is also popularly called Wat. It is among the well-known landmarks in entire Thailand and also the island’s biggest temple. You can get to view Buddha images of varying types including the different icons of Thai and Buddhist mythology. Thousands of tourists are known to travel to this island every year to catch a glimpse of this wonderful landmark. The temple is also stated to be the island’s spiritual centre thus drawing tourists in huge numbers.
- Patong Beach: This famous beach resort is a must visit during the trip to Phuket. Here, you can indulge in various types of activates and water sports of your choice. The whole beach during night comes alive with its discos, restaurants and bars. This place also offers several exciting activities for the entire family to enjoy thoroughly. There are also other popular tourist attractions on the island.
- Phuket Old Town: It is a famous landmark that stands as a testimony of the island being conquered by the Chinese as well as the Europeans a century ago. Strolling down the town, you can get to see the stunning Sino-Portuguese architecture and Chinese shop houses. The old town also is termed to be a place to have exotic food, bars, restaurants and guesthouses. Gold, printing and textiles businesses are located here.
- Cheow Larn Lake: From Phuket at a distance of 150 km. is located a lush green, rich rain forest known as the Khao Sok National Park well known for its deep blue lakes, mesmerizing waterfalls and towering limestone peaks. Besides its natural beauty, this nature park has been well appreciated for allowing tourists to indulge in various kinds of activities like exploring bat-filled caves, jungle trekking and kayaking through the Sok River. Artificial Cheow Lan Lake is a must-visit in the park popular for its floating raft houses and luxury tented camps. During the rainy season, this part of the country is said to get real wet. Hence, it will be wise to visit it between the months of December & April to enjoy the comfortable and dry weather here.
- Phi Phi Islands: It is definitely an enjoyable day trip and should make it to the must-visit list for tourists going to Thailand for the first time. From Phuket, this island is only 50 to 60-minute boat journey and does offer some stunning scenes of the jade green sea combined with limestone karst formation. But looking for seclusion are not likely to be impressed with this otherwise picture perfect scenic island as it has become extremely popular with the tourists and is frequented almost throughout the year. Some fabulous places are Maya Bay and Koh Phi Phi Don on the Koh Phi Phi Ley. Crystal clear waters here make the islands a wonderful choice, especially for snorkelling enthusiasts.
- Racha Islands: The islands do boast of having clear waters and white sand, thus attracting tourists in huge numbers. From Phuket, this island is just 12 km distance and can be reached by boat easily within 40-60 minutes time. The quietest island here is Siam, while the one that gets maximum attention from the tourists and popular for snorkelling and swimming activities is Big Racha (Racha Yai).
- Coral Island: From mainland Phuket, this popular destination is only 6 km away and is loved by local beachers and tourists due to its coral and soft white sands. Snorkelling offers the opportunities to get a glimpse of the different types of tropical fishes like parrotfish, butterfly fish and trumpet fish. There are two major beaches on this island. The easiest one to reach is Long Beach while the farthest option is Banana Beach and also requires moving across the jungle for about 15 minutes to reach the beach destination. Some of the popular activities to indulge here including massage right on the beach, relaxing parasailing, kayaking and banana boat rides, etc.
There are indeed numerous activities and things that you can indulge in during your trip to Phuket, Thailand. Be it travelling with your spouse, family or friends do make sure that you have booked the best hotels in phuket to ensure availing good accommodation and complete rest for everyone. Planning the itinerary in advance will also ensure that you and your family do not miss out on those exciting things that are popular in Phuket.