OBD Fusion a Must-Have App for Your Car
OBD Fusion is popular for a lot of reasons and it’s said to be one of the best car apps out there. In this OBD Fusion review, we’ll know more about this app and why it’s the first pick for many users.
If you have an OBD adapter, you will need an OBD car app to run it. While some adapters come with their own app, some also support third-party apps like OBD Fusion made by OCTech, LLC, the name behind OBDwiz and TouchScan.
To get more detailed ideas about OBD car app, take a look at Best OBD2 Apps (iPhone and Android) for Cars Review.
What Is OBD Fusion?
OBD Fusion helps control WiFi compatible OBD2 adapters. It lets you monitor the car’s engine, fuel efficiency, and overall health. Moreover, it also makes it easy to deal with engine trouble codes.
It supports a wide variety of OBD2 adapters and works on both iOS and Android platforms. It’s also one of the few car apps to support Apple Watch.
Technically speaking, OBD Fusion supports all the cars manufactured in 1996 or later. It works with a few USA-manufactured light trucks, too.
The app covers most European, American, and Asian car brands and is super easy to download and install.
However, when it comes to the app, you should be more concerned about the adapter you’re using than the vehicle.
It supports an increasing range of products. Here’s the complete list:
- Veepeak OBDCheck BLE adapter
- OBDLink MX+
- Tonwon Pro (BLE) adapter
- Carista Bluetooth LE adapter
- Veepeak OBDCheck BLE+ adapter
- Vinli adapter
- All ELM327 compatible Wi-Fi adapters
- LELink Bluetooth LE adapter
- Tonwon Pro Wi-Fi adapter
- Veepeak Wi-Fi adapter
- Kiwi 3 adapter
- All ELM327 compatible Bluetooth adapters
- OBDLink LX
- Tonwon Pro Bluetooth adapter
- Veepeak Bluetooth adapter
- Vgate iCar Pro Bluetooth OBD2 adapter
- OBDLink MX
- Kiwi 3 adapter
- LELink Bluetooth LE adapter (For devices that support Bluetooth LE)
- OBDLink SX (For devices that support USB host mode)
It may not work with if your OS is not updated. It supports iOS 7 or later, and Android 4.0.3 or later.
If you have a supported device but it doesn’t work, try upgrading the OS.
OBD Fusion is known for its speed.
This paid app lets you check and clear engine light errors, create diagnostic reports, gauge vehicle performance and battery voltage.
It also allows users to customize the dashboard and set the most used features on the top for ease of use. Moreover, you can process and see multiple sensor data on a single screen and at the same time.
This is a great feature for professionals as it helps save time.
OBD Fusion lets you run enhanced diagnostics on a few supported vehicles. These include Mercury, Mazda, Ford, Lincoln, Toyota, Lexus, Scion, Nissan, and Infiniti.
Some of the supported enhanced features are:
- Hundreds of parameters
- Body modules.
However, you will have to purchase these features separately from the in-app purchase option.
OBD Fusion Price
It’s a paid app that you can buy directly for your device:
- Android: $4.95
- iOS: $9.99
Other than this, there are also several in-app purchases for specific models and functions.
How To Use The App?
The app is quite easy to use. You can download it from the App Store (for iOS) or Play Store (for Android). It’s safe and small in size, hence will only take a few seconds to download and install.
You can start using the app right after it is downloaded:
- Plug your OBD2 adapter into the oBD2 port and turn on the ignition.
- Open WiFi on your phone
- Open the OBD Fusion app on your phone and go to Settings > Connection Help. You will see a few instructional options, choose one that goes with your phone (iOS/Android). It will walk you through the basic connection settings.
Once a connection is made, you will see a dialogue box asking you to set up the vehicle. You can either choose to manually edit the vehicle settings or proceed with the auto settings.
Use the vehicle edit settings option when your car is not listed or not auto selected. You will have to manually enter the make and model in this case.
Once done, you will be taken to the dashboard. Here, you can perform various functionalities such as check fuel economy, read trouble codes, etc.
OBD Fusion is made for all types of users and offers some great features, making it perfect for not only experienced users but also novices:
- Reads/Clears engine trouble codes.
- Gauges performance for track times (0-60 mph and 1/4 mile)
- Calculates air-to-fuel ratio.
- Real-time graphing.
- Displays battery voltage
- Supports freeze frame data
- Keeps logs of data.
- Let you email data
- Manufacturer specific Enhanced Diagnostics are available for certain vehicles through In-App purchases.
- Supports over 150 PIDs
- Displays VIN.
- Shows calibration ID
- State-specific emissions readiness tests.
- Includes some built-in enhanced PIDs for Ford and GM vehicles.
- Checks MIL.
- Fuel economy MPG (US and UK), l/100km or km/l calculation.
- (Mode $06) Onboard Monitoring Tests.
- (Mode $09) In-performance Tracking Counters.
- Real-time GPS tracking.
- Dropbox integrated
- Displays boost pressure.
- Multiple trip meters
- Real-time dashboard displays with fully customizable gauges.
- Available in multiple languages including English, Greek, French, Spanish, Italian, and Czech.
- Create custom enhanced PIDs.
- Real-time graphing of multiple signals.
- Oxygen Sensor Results (Mode $05)
- Displays engine HP and torque.
- Fully customizable units, including English, Imperial, and Metric units
While it offers a long list of features, not all vehicles may support all features. Plus, some adapters may also not support all features due to the limited capability of the adapter.
While it supports a wide range of adapters, you should ideally pick one that offers all the features that you need so that you can enjoy all the benefits of the app.
Our favorite Bluetooth scanners are OBDLink MX and OBDLink LX. Carista scanner can also be a good choice if you want to use OBD Fusion.
OBDLink MX+ and VeePeak adapters can be good picks if you have iOS devices.
OBD Fusions Specs
|App Name||Platform||Free/Paid||Features||File Size|
|1. OBD Fusion||iOS and Android||Paid + in-app purchases||Complete diagnostics
body control modules.
|31 MB (Android)
93 MB (iOS)
- Supports a wide variety of cars and adapters.
- Is very easy to use and understand.
- Gives instant information.
- Customization options are great.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Excellent customer support.
- Requires an active internet connection to work.
- May not work until you update the software.
OBD Fusion FAQ
Ques: Does it support all iOS devices?
Yes, it supports all devices including iPhones, iPads, and even the Apple Watch.
Ques: Is there a free trial period
No, the company does not offer free trials.
Ques: Can I get it at a discounted rate?
While the company does not offer discounts, you may be able to find the app at a discounted rate from other platforms like Amazon.
Ques: Does it work equally well on all the devices?
Technically yes, however, the overall experience may differ based on screen size, etc.
Ques: How can I refund the product?
While the company does not have a refund policy, you may be able to get refunds through iTunes if you bought it for iOS. The company may also offer refunds if your vehicle is not supported.
Get in touch with the company directly for more details.
Ques: Can I use it with multiple vehicles?
Yes, you can. In fact, it can show data for multiple scanners at once.
Who Should Get It?
OBD Fusion is for DIYers, mechanics, and professionals. Get your hands on the app if you want to enjoy a wide range of functions, however, make sure to have a car and adapter that support the app.