Fashion and Trend Forecasting Plays a Significant Role in Design Development
If you are into the fashion business, irrespective of the size, you may be aware of the terms fashion and trend forecasting but may not be well acquainted with the significance of it in design development.
Fashion and trend forecasting is an important process that every fashion brand should follow. This is the process in which the upcoming trends in the fashion industry are analyzed. This analysis is based on different parameters and metrics, such as:
- The colors
- The fabrics
- The styles and
- The design.
Accurate analysis will help you to know precisely which type of latest collections will feature in the stores. In order to forecast correctly, you will need to consider all categories and work on different variants that will influence the fashion industry.
Trend forecasting is a process which, when done correctly, will benefit all forms of businesses related to fashion, including:
- Haute couture
- Pert-o-porter and
- Mass market.
Apart from the above, trend forecasting also involves the analysis of the evolving trends in beauty, make-up, and cosmetics as well. This will help the businesses to envisage a clear and complete look.
There are many different practices followed in forecasting. These are:
- Mapping and analyzing the megatrends of various collections of varying fashion centers of the world to know about the impact of globalization in fashion
- Studying and analyzing different trends in different fashion seasons
- Identifying your niche market, group, and clients
- A comparative study on different past and present trends
- Understanding and analyzing the demographics of your target audience
- Analyzing the psychographic structureof your targeted market and
- Predicting the patterns, stories, and themes for the upcoming season.
These facts and figures will enable you to prepare a style and trend report that will keep you way ahead of your competitors in various fashion seasons. This will help you to launch the best possible design collections as per the demand and trend of the particular season. The different designs for different fashion seasons include:
- High summer
- Winter in that specific order.
However, your design collection may also include resort, cruise, and vacation fashionwear, as well.
Preparing the report
When you have finished analyzing the different factors and parameters, it is time to prepare the style and trend report for that particular season. This report will include all the current market trends and its analytics to help you make the correct prediction that must consist of:
- The expected outline stories
- The expected and apt styles
- The preferred themes and
- The different foundations and notions that will control the design houses.
The color trends will also be an essential element of the prediction. There are different types of colors that you should consider, such as:
- Bright hues
- Toned colors
- Blended palette
- High intensity saturated chrome
- Solid colors
In addition to that, the kind of prints to make in the particular season will also influence your collection. Go for the popular prints like:
It does not matter whether these prints can be large or small. What matters most is the current trend which you should follow.
Apart from that, you will need to consider the conventional and distinctive fabrics that are popular this season. In addition to that, consider the embellishments to use, such as pearl or antique work, Swarovski or hand embroidered designs, conventional or contemporary art.
Your collection will have a different meaning if you also consider unique trimmings or fasteners in the pieces. These will not only enhance the look but will also ensure a perfect fit.
Impact of your forecast report
There is no prize for guessing that your design forecast report will have a massive effect on the methodology and development of the design. This is a process in which you will need to put all the design parts and ideas together. This will enable you to create a more functional and amalgamated product.
In order to ensure that you follow the right process for your design development, you will need to follow these steps:
- Extract the confined theme that you want to work on for your line of products
- Use a specific color palette based on the theme
- Follow the psychographic and demographic structures as analyzed as well as the swatches developed for the final prints
- Use proper embellishments, prints, and textures
- Have an illustration handy and formulate a material board to have all the accessories within reach
- Design a cost-effective for your consumer as well as the producers and
- Use materials of high quality.
- Lastly, design the product with proper finishing and the desired appearance. Make sure that it meets the needs of the customers and is highly functional and artistically pleasing.
Influence of fashion shows
Lastly, when it comes to selling your product, you will need to follow proper marketing techniques. You will need to make the best use of social media channels such as Instagram. This is the best and most effective channel to promote fashion products and brands, as this is an exclusively photo and video sharing platform. If done correctly, you will be able to gain a lot of free Instagram followers to visit your site and make a buying purchase.
Another useful way to promote your fashion brand and product is fashion shows. These shows have a significant impact on the fashion market as well as on the society at large. Fashion shows are actually the best channel of communication for fashion brands and designers with customers. With proper showcasing of the products and the new ideas of the designers on live models, the merchandise creates the best impression in the minds of the consumers.
Therefore, if you know the current trends and the demands of your consumers, you will be able to deliver them with the product that they want. It is for this reason you should forecast the trends in fashion design, a landscape that is known for fast and continual changes. This will put you a step, if not more, ahead of your competition, which is fierce in this specific industry.