The style that you pick for treating your windows not only enhances the beauty of windows but the whole ambience of your house. Therefore, you must be very particular about your choice to get the best decor treatment for your windows. Most window treatment can be done with blinds or shades but the blinds are the most popular and demanded window covering these days. They offer plenty of great benefits in addition to beautifying the room with pure charm and elegance.
But the overriding question here is how to choose the best window blind to transform your room completely? We are here to shade some light on the different types of window blinds to choose from.
5 Most popular types of Window Blinds
When there are plenty of options in front of you the decision becomes contemplating but the below guide will help you to find ease before selecting the right one for your windows.
- Wood Blinds-They are made of simple natural wood and give classic and sophisticated look to your windows. They are approximately 2.5mm thick. Wooden blinds are generally known as Venetian blinds which can withstand any weather changes and also provide excellent light control. They are best suited for the living rooms.
- Mini Blinds-They are perfect for lower cost treatment. Their slats are 1” thick. They come in different materials and colours and provide complete light control and privacy.
- Roman Blinds-They are perfectly suited for small and cozy rooms. This particular blind offer high quality fabric, pattern and texture and colours for an elegant look. You can find beautiful collection on many online shopping sites like Spring Blinds Roman shades.
- Roller Shades-It is another popular option for your windows which suits your need. They come in different natural and synthetic fabrics like sheer fabric, black materials with an additional feature of thermal and blackout lining.
- Panel Track Blinds-When you have to cover patio doors and large spaces this blind is a perfect choice for you. After sliding the blind in a closed position it creates a unique fabric screen and comes in variety of materials.
The operation of Window Blinds
With the introduction of new technologies now operating the window blinds has become easier and advanced. Traditionally the operation of blinds were completely manual with pulling of a cord from one side of the blind but today many automatic version are available. In the automatic systems, a hidden motor has been attached to the top of the blinds which operates with a remote control. They are expensive as compared to the manual blinds but offer numerous benefits.
Benefits of Motorized Blinds
- You can operate motorized blinds without even touching. Sit back and relax and let the remote and smartphone apps do the work for you.
- They can be set according to your schedule. Like you can set timings for the raising and shutting of these blinds depending upon your comfort.
- With these blinds you don’t have to worry about safety of your children. With special sensors they can also detect fire. With the above mentioned types of window blinds and benefits you can have proper ideas before selecting the right one for your room, or you can consult with the expert local blinds company in Littlehampton. There are many other variety of options available to play with your decisive skills. Take time and choose the best one for you from the many online stores that deal with motorized blinds.